• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  You Smug Bastard ||B A N E ||

Mary

That big yellow bastard.

He not only vanishes without so much as a goodbye, then APPARANTLY returns without  a hello. To top it off, this smug bastard has the audacity to try to steal her from her home.

She had layed low in Sylva, awaiting an ambush or an unwarranted visit from Castile. Instead it was her who will visit Loess, she had a lot on her mind and Bane was going to receive the blunt end of it.

She quietly and carefully approaches Loess, so much as one wrong step could cause her to fall a captive to Loess. She creeps, scanning the horizon with every step, she remains close to the brush and the border in case she needs a quick escape.

Her ears were pinned and her heart was racing from the anger. She felt warm, as the anxiety and anger fills her. The yellow and blue stag that she had once looked up to was the one to blame for this war, and he tops it off with a steal. 

It seemed that luck was on her side, the large yellow and blue stag was unmistakable, and right before her. This time her steps grew heavier, she didn't care if he heard her approaching. As she draws to a halt behind him she speaks, Bane! Her tone clearly angered and a hint of scolding.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

What Mary and Sinner had planned - no, what they’d already done was so undeniably senile that Wolfbane couldn’t believe it when he first heard it. The two of them had shown up in Tephra at the beginning of the war and decided to throw their lot in with the opposite side. He always knew Mary was a bit obsessed with materialistic things, one half of her filled up with her mother’s fame-seeking dreams and the other half her father’s irrational temper. But doing something so stupid like that really put his idea of the now-grown mare into perspective.

Not a good perspective either.
    For someone he considered practically his goddaughter, he could see himself knocking her brains around a little bit and screaming at her for the insolence of trying to gain a kingdomship at the worst possible moment.

This place - Loess - would never bend under pressure from an internal land. Sylva had lost its right to bear the crown and scepter long ago, and soon enough they would see what became of traitors. “If I were you,” He hissed, keeping perfectly still as she approached from behind, “I would be careful about losing what may be your last ally in these days to come.”

An hour before this moment he’d crept along Taiga’s border and came to the spot they were at now, interested in finding her. Imagine his surprise at being able to discern her scent - the pungent smell of her still-fresh sweat and pheromones, the faint indentation her hooves left in the earth, even seeing the very fine, loose hair she left behind in the bushes from crouching and hiding like a criminal. He knew all these things because his new abilities allowed it, deduceding that she was near. If he stayed put she’d catch sight of him.

He was turned away from her to make sure no one else would see them.

Now he shifts; bends his thick neck to look over the side of his wing before pinning her with pupils that were red and slit like a cat’s. His ears fell back and his lips curled, revealing fine points on each exposed tooth. Just standing here he seemed to grow taller, make himself more broad and imposing in her presence. “Don’t you dare take that tone. Not after what you did.”

A flash of pink. His tongue flicks out between the rows of predator fangs and a clicking, low growl follows. “Have you and Sinner completely lost your minds?”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Mary]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Long May She Reign

She approaches him, pissed, and possibly relieving all her pent up anger on him. His attempted steal was the icing on the cake, and the uncle figure was the perfect horse to pent to.

She says his name and he doesn't even bother turning to face her, the action only causing her anger to grow. Though she is angry his words cause her a moment of hesitation. Ally? He lives in the enemy kingdom, tries to steal her, but calls himself her ally?

A moment of silence fell between them but the sound of his head turning slices it. His red eyes match hers and he begins to scold her. Her ears fall to the dome of her head, annoyance visibly peering through ever beam of her body.

He finishes by questioning her and Sinner's decisions and she can't help but allow a snarky laugh to escape. Me and Sinner? She steps closer to him, her eyes scan the horizon for an onlookers. We are just cleaning up your mess Bane. Her eyes scan the kingdom she once called home, the kingdom she once found an ally.

Falling back to his gaze, You and Lepis vanished without so much as a goodbye or explanation. You crowned a maniac, who quickly gave it up to this asshole. Oh and to top it off, you want to let me know you are back, by trying to steal me! She hisses the words at him, his leaving created a war, but he questions there loyalty to Castile still?

MARY

@[Wolfbane]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

In one motion that seems too quick to be natural, Wolfbane turned to face Mary. Loess and whoever might be watching was forgotten behind him, even though he could see how the Sylvian mare’s eyes flicked back and forth. Good, he thought. Let her be wary because she should be. The stink of her permeated his nose and settled onto the back of his tongue with a bitter aftertaste. “The only mess I left behind was not clearing you and the dog out of Loess entirely when I could.” He grunts, bored at her frail attempts to rattle his cage.

There’s a quiver along his spine like a shiver. His wings fluff out and then press closer to his body, impossibly close until they seem to fade from white to his natural skin color. They… they’re sinking into his ribs, being absorbed until they disappear altogether. Bane groans quietly during the seconds this minor transformation takes place. Slides his jaw to one side and briefly snaps his head back and forth as the sharp teeth disappear too. He blinks away the red slits and folds his ears down to press against his neck.

“Mary, stop being a priss and just think with your head for a second. Not your silly little heart.” The stallion urges her. “Even if Castile loses… god forbid I can’t believe I’m saying it. But even if Castile loses do you honestly believe that Loess will welcome a usurper with open arms? Those who live here are either dragonkin or entirely loyal to his wishes.” Wolfbane murmurs.

“They won’t be satisfied until you and Sinner are torn limb from limb and Sylva is left in a pile of ashes. Be realistic.” He tsks at her, closing his eyes with a deep sigh in hopes of finding some measure of restraint. “The steal was a ruse, Mary. A cover. I want you out of Sylva and far away from Loess for your safety.”

For a brief moment he opens his eyes and glares at her.

Then, “When Castile wins it might be too late for me to intervene.”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Mary]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Long May She Reign

His body had finally moved to face Mary, though she was furious at this point and the words that followed did not help.

He not only refuses to take responsibility for the mess he left behind, but he dares to call her and Sinner a mistake. She responds with a laughter, Loess never would have ridded Sylva of us, we were and still stand stronger. She snorts in distaste, her body standing up straighter in an attempt to match him.

Her eyes flick for a moment as silence falls and his wings disappear. Perhaps if they were on better terms she would be more curious, but quite frankly she doesn't give a damn about his problems.

He breaks the silence trying to 'open her eyes' or some shit like that. She understands his worries, but she was a grown adult and she made her own decisions, and it was to stay in her home. Horses always shift there loyalty, they can go be loyal while they follow Castile to whatever home he flees too. I will not be chased out of my home, I was here longer than any of them, my claim to the throne is more prevalent. She snorts as the hairs down her spine prickle up.

He speaks again, though this time she remembers the uncle Bane who has always been in her life. A mentor of sorts when she couldn't bare her father, the king she had once trusted with all her life. He notes the steal was to protect her, but she couldn't just turn her back on Sylva....and Sinner.

She steps closer, extending her maw to his shoulder for a brief moment before pulling back. I can't abandon my home...should I die Bane make sure my son gets out of Sylva alive. Her head looks away, the thought of the throne being ripped from her child peaks her anger again. I can handle my own. She doesn't gaze back at him, there was nothing left to discuss, she wouldn't leave her home.

MARY

@[Wolfbane]