• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ain't nothing sweet about how i hold my gun; eggs & oxy
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    The third egg had come as a surprise when it simply appeared at the mouth of her den following the conclusion of the war. Her maternal instincts didn’t seem to mind, however, so she carefully rolled the slightly off-colored egg into her own nest and curled around it as she had with her own two. Where last season gave her only a child with no heartbeat, this year has been more bountiful than ever. Her twins’ hearts are strong within their snow white shells and her mysterious third baby is equally healthy. Khuma’s heart swells with pride and she dreams of what her young will look like.

Until she hears the first crunch of an egg hatching.

Her eyes open quickly and she rises onto her hooves. Once the members of Loess had softened the maze and tamed the brambles, she’d dragged the vines down here to expand her little nest. Now she carefully pulls them aside with her teeth to make room for the babies to stretch their legs and practice their first steps, casts the old growth aside near the entrance of her den. Khuma hurries back to the eggs and presses her ear to each of the egg’s shells, listening to their movements and their hearts as her own flutters wildly in her chest. A smile creeps across her face as she paces and occasionally sniffs at the broken pieces of shell.

Finally, after a small eternity, her nose meets the soft velvet of one of the newborns’. Dismay coughs softly as she sucks in her first breath from the crack in her shell before pushing herself further out, ink black body squeezing into the cold new world. Khuma kisses and cleans at her little face as she opens her eyes to look up at her mother. Her joy swells up into her throat as she can only laugh in delight at the sight of her daughter – perfect and strong just like in her dreams.

Dismay, my sweet Dismay,” she whispers as her brother cracks through his own shell. The new mother kisses her daughter’s face one more time before hurrying to the colt, black splashed with perfect white. The serpent woman grooms him carefully while Dismay begins to adjust to life outside her little egg. “Your name is Panic and you are my perfect son.

Finally, the third egg is broken by a tiny horn from within its light cream-colored shell. Khuma approaches it slowly with her head tilted to try and see through the little opening. A blonde and white nose presses its way out, followed by a beautiful face and tiny body. The tiny unicorn is a bundle of thin legs and bright eyes next to Khuma’s twins, a stark contrast to their dark colors, but the serpent mother begins to clean her just the same. Her instincts still command her to care for the little hatchling and provide for her, just like the twins.

But what to name you, my mystery baby?” she asks as she presses delicate lips against the newborn’s temple. “Maybe Oxy can think up something for you."
    khuma.
    @[Oxytocin]