• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Take the long way back to me; Clayton, Any.
    Caelestra

The coal-black mare's legs lift her into the air with one swift motion, her mind is slightly clouded, unable to think straight for even a moment as she gathers herself.
    The air is firm salty when she breathes, something she still has to get used to, a mirage of morning mist decorating the grassy hilltops with droplets of cold water.
    Caelestra heaves in the cold air for a moment before moving, her legs now instinctively follow her nose which is acutely tuned to Clayton since she had been spending time with him.
    The onyx mare moves slightly faster now, her legs swiftly carrying her over the coarse terrain, her head high in the air as she scents the cold breeze that carries the clouds above.

The ground is still thick with smog, an airy scent that seemed to resemble gunpowder, possibly from the thunderstorm the night before.
    The mare feels empowered as she begins to trot, the male's scent is becoming stronger the closer she comes to the mainland.
    "Clayton?" she calls out, her voice remaining soft but with a stern purpose.
    Although the black mare has not arrived without a purpose, she feels rather lost, in need of answers that would help her understand everything she was going through.

The mare looks around for a moment, she cannot see him yet but his scent is strong, he is most definitely here.
    "Clay" she starts again, a troubled expression making its way onto her stern face.
    She does not dare take a step forward, this was not the same as facing a dragon.
    "What do I mean to you?" she asks coldly, her breath lingering on the salty air. 

@[Clayton]

Today was as good as any for a change of scenery. Adria was tired of dwelling in Hyaline’s lake through the seasons, wondering if and when she’d start journeying out again. Summer was here for god’s sake, the Eastern lands were shifting and changing. It was time she left the sanctuary territory for brighter shores.

With a smile and a quaint song to hum, the lovely Nereid escaped the confines of her favorite home and went ashore for a brief journey. It wouldn’t take her long to pass through the outer edge of Hyaline’s new borders and slip back into the sea, where a large inlet separated the mountains from their eastern cousin - Silver Cove.

She thought of how that was Clayton’s home now, how he was training to become the leader of their great cities and had told her as much when they’d both taken the trip into Adria’s world. Just the thought of them pressed together for warmth underneath the lake made her smile all the wider as she swam, and playfully the seamare swirled the salty ocean around her before her hooves came to touch the wet sands of the Cove’s shoreline.

There was nothing better than sweet surprises, and her intention was to surprise Clayton as he so often surprised her.

Rising from the foaming water, her mane cascading nearly to the edge of her knees and her tail dragging on the ground behind her, Adria swept onto the ground looking every bit the water goddess she’d been born to be. Like Eva, like her mother Nyxa, like so many of the dangerous kelpies out looking for prey, Adria had been sculpted for beauty and grace to lure land-dwellers from the safety of their homes and into her watery embrace.

Her narrow, elegant head lifted and her mouth parted to call out for him, but the sound of a voice very much not her own beat the little seahorse to it. Clay came the informal name, and the little water mare’s heart skipped a beat. She knew she shouldn’t approach the source, but painful curiosity overcame her. She headed inland and kept her eyes wide in search of the other female.

What do I mean to you? came the words again, as Adria rounded a soft bend and saw who could ask Clayton such a thing. There stood another girl, patiently waiting for the stallion Adria had mistakenly begun to adore herself. “Yes Clayton.” The Nereid added, still wet from her swim across the bay. “I’d like to know as well.”

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Clayton] @[Caelestra] I couldn't help myself
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

There has been so much drama surrounding the cove recently, he finally found a moment that he could spend to himself. His days were jam packed with training and diplomatic tasks, but he wouldn't complain. He wanted to be the greatest care taker for the cove, and would do whatever it took.

He found himself in the heart of the kingdom, near the waterfall that provided a breeze on the warm autumn day. His eyes were closed as he enjoyed the moment, basking in the sun. He can barely hear some call his name, it was so far away that he disregards it.

A few moments pass and his name is called once more, this time his eyes peer open. He scans the horizon but still could not see anyone, but the voice was familiar.

He makes his way out of the brush, as he can just see Cael in the distance she speaks again, What do I mean to you. A question that nearly stopped him in his track, but he keeps moving. As he becomes visible to Cael it seems his luck gets even worse, Adria joins the pair and she asks the same question.

His eyes nearly pop with shock, a situation he certainly did not expect to deal with today. He glances between the two for a moment, both beautiful in there own way. His mind flicks to Kensa and Dawn as well. He had no idea what to respond with,  he certainly did not want to hurt either of there feelings.

He had a special spot in his heart for all four of the mares the passed his mind, but would that be good enough? Well, he nearly stammers as he looks to them both. I enjoy spending time with you both, I hadn't thought of a label... He musters a response, hopeful he wouldn't scare either off, but he was also unable to promise an exclusive relationship to either of them.

@[Caelestra] @[Adria] /gulp
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Caelestra

The cold breeze remains strong as she stands shaking, her body trembling with confusion and regret. She still sees no signs of the male even though his scent lingers strongly amongst the salty breeze.

As if the confusion setting in had not been enough, another voice now echoed behind her, followed by the soft beat of wet hooves close to her, yes Clayton, I'd like to know as well.
    She doesn't turn to face the stranger, she is unable to comprehend the situation at hand, her body locked in position for a few minutes. When her body finally breaks the seal, her expression fades in disappointment, she isn't sure what to feel at the moment, surprise, guilt maybe sorrow, she was unable to express anything.

Finally, Clayton shows, shock decorating his stature as he makes his way toward the pair.
    It almost begins to feel worse as he appears, his scent so close now it was almost painful.
    The mare now felt as if it would be easier to leave, rather than even bother trying to build up the courage to face him, it seemed harder to do so, even though she had faced a dragon not that long ago.

"What? Clayton..." the words hardly come out of her muzzle, she isn't sure how to tone her voice, unsure of if she should instate anger, transform her body into an aggressive bear or run away in sorrow.
    "I'm sure you did enjoy taking time from us both" her head begins to spin as she speaks, her voice switching between different emotions with each word "What label Clay, what are you talking about?" she asks, her head still tilting curiously despite her body trembling.

The mare turns to face the other female, her eyes scampering over her body, her eyebrows raised in a manner of confusion.

I am sick so this is gonna be sloppy and over dramatic but hey we love drama so its ok! @[Clayton] @[Adria]

Everything Adria wants to say gets taken right off her tongue by the taller black female. Clayton seemed at a loss for words now when before he’d been so full of them, but Adria knows why. He had all the right things to say when the situation was to his advantage, except now that he was cornered and forced into taking responsibility for those spoken words he suddenly couldn’t find the strength. On the Island they believed that wishes and curses said aloud were binding magic not be taken lightly, now Adria understood those tales all the better. Everything made sense in a sharp, unnecessary way.

Whoever the other woman is makes no difference. Adria’s anger and disappointment weren’t meant for her but for the horned stallion making them both look like simple fools. There’s a tense energy sparkling between the three, the Nereid can feel it, so she glides forward and places her nose to Caelestra’s shoulder in a show of solidarity. Perhaps they’d both had the wool yanked clean over their eyes, but they needn’t suffer individually in the face of their mutual tormentor.

“You cad.” Adria scolds Clayton, standing firm beside the shadowy mare to pin him with a look that could be venomous. Her ears had lowered long ago. Kannay; no King of mine.” She spits the insult, her chest trembling in a rush of emotional adrenaline. “I would not have cared but for the dishonesty, Clayton.” The water horse explains, shaking her head and finally turning her eyes away from him. It hurts to even acknowledge his presence. To let him see what his casual attitude has done to her.

“And Dawn?” Adria wonders, feeling a wave nausea overcome her. “Her too?! Is she really just a friend, or do you warm her side at night?” She asks, feeling close to some sort of breaking point as her exquisite head whips around. “Have you loved her like a wife Clayton? Tell me!” Her voice pitches high, demanding an answer. Finish it she wants to scream, just finish it and let me leave this place with no hope.

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Clayton] @[Caelestra] h o r m o n a l