• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Just for You [Camomila]
    The Isle seemed to be doing well. Heartifire, Breckin, and Brennen had returned to Nerine as their presence was merely a reinforcement during the rocky start. Jesper had only seen Caw that once and, he wondered where her and her children were nowadays. Set had not shown his face since Leilan was named Ice Prince. Phasus was quiet. In fact, he found himself growing ever curious if that meant she was plotting something.

For the most part, the whole of the Isle is quiet but, there are some residents here. Some residents whom Jesper would like to get to know better. He had seen some new faces around and yet, today, he sought out the mint green lady, Camomila. The black had hoped that, as council members, he would see more of the invigorating female. Any mare strong enough to campaign for leader of a land but, especially a land as extreme as theirs, deserved some recognition. Jesper found himself growing more and more curious about her and so, he set off. His aquamarine gaze is bright and actively searching for her distinguishing coat, a beautiful complement to the Isle's landscape - regardless of the season.

He travels in his equine form on this day. Although the day is brisk, which signals the end of the growth season, the air feels mild. At last, his olfactory sense picks up her delicate perfume and the ebony equine emits her name in a hearty whisker. Bronze-tipped lobes point in her direction as her familiar form comes into view. On approach, Jesper offers a warm smile while his stride becomes a bit lighter with excitement.

He waits until his ice-blue gaze levels with her eyes of a similar tone before he addresses her. "Lady Camomila," he pauses to allow a small smile to spread across lips as he remembers the first time he addressed her this way. "I hope you have been fairing well. I -" He stops himself to prevent himself from sounding too forward. Truthfully, with thoughts of Lamb finally pushed from his forethought, Jesper had to know if there was another love for him in this world. He liked Cam so, why not see if she is at least curious about him? He stands perfectly still as he waits for her to say something - anything.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Camomila]
    She hadn’t become the leader of the Isle as she had initially hoped, but being part of the council was good enough. She smiled softly at her own thoughts, deciding to be proud of her achievement instead of disappointed for not reaching the top. She was still new to Beqanna, and it was only natural some still questioned where her loyalties lie. It was no surprise she wasn’t the leader. In fact, it was better this way. There was no need to rush. Instead, she would remain in the council to prove her loyalty, to show that she can be trusted as much as Leilan. She’d work her way to the top through hard work and dedication. This is why she came here in the first place, to start over and work for whatever she gets. 

Her tail flicked as she closed her eyes, allowing the gentle breeze to sweep through her long, wavy ombré hair. The air carried the smells of the salty seas, an aroma all too familiar to her. She was relaxed, her mind completely at peace and free from worry for the first time in a long while. In fact, she stood so still it would be difficult to tell if she was even awake. The only hint was when her eyes opened as her name was called, ears standing his and head turning to look upon a familiar face. She smiled at Jesper, dipping her head in greeting. “Hello there, Jesper,” she said, pausing to allow him to speak. Curiously she tilted her head a little when his words suddenly stopped. He seemed...almost nervous, very tense as he stood frozen before her. 

There was a hint of worry seeping into her heart. “I am,” she replied, keeping her smile strong with hopes of relaxing him, even just a little. “How about yourself? I hope nothing is troubling you?” She didn’t know a lot about the stallion; she had only met him twice before. But she was very curious about him, and now that they shared a position in the council, she had more of a chance to get to know him. A true Queen knows her people. She makes time for each and every one of them, listens to their worries and troubles, and gives aid whenever she can. She was no longer a Queen, but those were rules she’d set for herself. They applied even here. And so, she hoped for a chance to get to know Jesper. More chances than just now. He seemed a very respectful chap, very kind as well. She most certainly felt that she could get along with him quite well. 

@[Jesper]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The black sighs with relief as Camomila greets him with a smile and "hello". Any reservations he had about walking up to her and starting a conversation wash away. Her demeanor is soft and approachable. Yet, she is confident and inquisitive. Jesper shifts his body weight across his quad limbs in order to rest his right hind. He stretches his nape slightly to lower his poll and, display a more relaxed form. His aquamarine gaze notes her warm smile and the black returns it with a gentle and appreciative curve of his own lips.

Ah, so she is interested! Her questions seem a bit more than just polite small talk. Jesper catches the tinge of concern creased into her brow and, among her words. He maintains his smile until he opens his maw to answer her questions. "I feel safe here and, the Isle is beginning to feel more like a home than just a refuge." He collects himself before diving into the answer to her next question. As of yet, he had not shared his feelings regarding what he had been through. Brennen, Leilan and, his brothers, had seen the effects on him but he had yet to put it into words. He swallows and releases a sigh before the black begins. "I was wondering - hoping, really - you would be up for some company. I could use some." He pauses, out of respect, to wait for her response.

She seems curious enough but, Jesper wants to ensure she accepts him. When he likes someone, particularly a female, he tends to be over-the-top polite and, not his typical loquacious self with no regard for his audience. Upon her cue, the black bobs his head and smiles before offering an explanation. "The plague was a great distraction at first. Before all of this, I was living on Ischia with my brothers and, several sisters. My grandsire, Brennen, helped me to get on my own four hooves and, I had a purpose there. I volunteered myself to serve as a captive of Sylva to learn the insides of their evil regime. I survived, with many scars, but I made it home. I was reunited with my love, Lamb" His tone reflects a softness he had not revealed before as her name leaves his lips.

He swallows again, pulling himself together, and presses on. "She stayed by my side and helped to heal me. We made love, for the first time, that mating season. Then, Sylva stole her to enact their revenge. There was nothing we could do. I was in no shape to fight for her freedom and, Ischia was preparing to take on all of the dark lands. I waited for her, at the border of Sylva, the day she should have been released. She never showed. I have not seen her since." His light blue gaze falls to the earth and Jesper appears as though he cannot go on. But, he does. "I have been waiting for her for so long that I have lost all hope that she will ever return. Which is why I said the plague was a great distraction. It pulled me out of my wallows and, into action. Now, I am here. And, with things settled down, I am ready to move forward. I am ready to move on and find a new life." Hopefully, with a new love, Jesper thinks to himself.

The black snorts, an assertive and final release, before he lifts his gaze to match Camomila's ice-blue eyes. He is done feeling sorry for himself. He is done sulking in his grief and sorrows. Jesper is ready to open his heart once again.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Camomila]