• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    A few rocks, perhaps, and lone trees - with the exception of some natural snow-blown hills and the forest, there weren’t much places to hide from the wind. But the open spaces also provided beautiful views, of shimmering ice and snow in the distance, and when evening fell, the Northern Lights as well. To someone wandering at night like he often enough does (unable to lie still with Breckin for long enough - if he’s awake, he’s awake), it becomes the sight of home rather quickly.

Leilan nods to Aziz’ request, to go ahead. ”Sure, go ahead.” If Aziz can build here, then all the better - even a small wall would suffice for now (as long as it didn’t block the isle off the sea; this needn’t be a prison of sorts after all). ”A few shelters or even just some rocks that you could pull out of the sea maybe, should help.” he offers.

Leilan grins a bit at Pteron’s excited face. ”It’s more beautiful at night, but I don’t know if you intended to stay that long? The Pampas is a long flight away I think.” The kid’s mother might get worried, perhaps. At least, the scaled red roan would think so. But not all parents are the same, he thinks. Depends on how the boy reacts to his question, he supposes.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

The stallion nods his head in an excited manner, walking over to the shore and looking back toward the smaller horse with a smile, the stallion looked around the area, the edge itself was hardened by the ice cold water, but this should not be too big of a problem for the stallion.
    Since there is soil, rocks, minerals and ground around the stallion deems it as ready to use, his ears sit perked as his eyes close, his hooves sinking into the now cracked ground below him. The stallion almost spoke to the earth, for him it was like a continuous search, perhaps not that fun of a wait on the outside for the others.
    Soon enough the ground began to rumble softly, two large pillars combined of wet soil, icy ground and stone springing out from under the water, creating ripples that now violently washed up onto the shore.
    The stallion's tail moved quietly, the pillars resting in the air for a moment before separating into a small wall, just tall enough to cover the height of an average horse. The sound of cracking becoming almost thunderous as the ground moved. The wall had spacings every so often as to not make it look as if it was a wall blocking out the Isle from the other lands, the wall is a couple meters long, a length that he can comfortably handle, for now. This distance was also visible from the outside, just large enough to attract the eye of a curious stranger.

The edges of the wall now softly curve inward, the ground beneath them shaking, two smaller pillars appearing behind the bay stallion in the same ritual that he had used for his previous house, the two pillars shape into two rounded domes, the entrance curved, designed to stop airflow.
    The dome is quite jagged and hard, but it should suffice for now.

Aziz opens his eyes, his breath violent as he begins to pant, using his abilities did not come without effort. The stallion smiles as he turns around, making his way back to the pair, already in speech as he arrived "Will this be alright, I thought a small wall with shelter would be nice for any visitors in need of a place to rest. If you need me to change anything, do let me know and I will be happy to" he says happily as he looks back at his structures, standing strong in the breezy atmosphere, the spacings between the walls just big enough to stop any significant breeze from hitting this part of the island.

The stallion looks toward Pteron, his grin wide as he speaks, his breath still quite interrupted "Well there you have it. A warm shelter" he says as he looks back toward Leilan, still with a happy grin painted on his face.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan] @[Pteron]
    If you need anything changed or edited just let me know, I tried to make this little area like a small thing for visitors like you mentioned C:
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    Pteron listens to Leilan’s directions curiously, eager to see exactly what it is that Aziz is planning on doing. It is difficult to tear his eyes away from the dark bay, but he does when Leilan asks how long he is planning on staying.

“Oh no,” he says emphatically, “It’s probably gonna get way colder here at nighttime. This is cold enough for me now!” Even in daylight, the lights are far more brilliant than the dun yearling had ever imagined. He might have answered further about the distance from home to here, but Aziz has turned away, and Pteron is unable to battle his curiosity. The long silence does not perturb Pteron – the magics he knows are quiet anyway. The rumbling ground does cause him to swish his tail nervously, but he does not step back (despite feeling that that might be a safer option).

He watches the earth rip itself apart and come together gain in a shape of Aziz’ choosing, a quiet “Woah,” slipping from between his lips as he does so. Pteron’s olive green eyes are wide with wonder, and then delight as the earthen shelter takes shape.

“That is so cool!” he says. “Is it, can I…?” He takes a few steps closer to the structure and to Aziz. He desperately wants to go look inside, but he’s not quite sure it is ready yet. “Can I go in?”

@[Leilan]
    @[Aziz]
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Aziz is more than happy to finally do something, it seems - not only does he build the small shelter he had promised, but he also erects some walls to protect the shelter-domes from the icy sea breeze. The roan looks to Pteron as he tells them he can’t stay too long, and gives the colt a nod. It’s probably best for the near-yearling to spend a few more months around his parents while he grows some more muscle on his still-lanky frame. It would probably help him feel less cold around here, too, should he want to visit again later to see the lights in the dark.

When the bay has finished, he walks over to examine the structure. ”Not too brittle acter all then?” he asks the male just to be sure. It looks rather whole but, he also knows it only takes a hair fracture for a rock to crack over time - especially rock that is going to be frozen and un-frozen every other season.

Following Pteron’s question, he looks to the bay. He might be leading this place but on building, Aziz is their expert, not him.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Aziz] @[Pteron]
    |

The bay man watches Leilan walk over to him with question, his eyes following the leader as he moves his own frame to face him.
    The stallion is sure the structure will be able to withstand most things, of course, it would need to be revisited every now and then to make sure nothing was falling apart, but that wouldn't be a problem.
    "It looks alright to me, I may have to add bits to it over time but other than that, it is good to go" he smiles and walks inside the structure, he wanted to test it, make sure it wouldn't collapse on anyone.

The stallion stands still as he looks around the dome, his aligns his rump with the structure and kicks it with his full force, it does not move.
    Aziz smiles happily as he walks back toward Pteron and Leilan, nodding in response to the smaller horse, satisfied that the icy building wouldn't fall apart.

He looks back toward Leilan now as he moves into a comfortable position, his legs shivering slightly from the cold "You could utilise your ability to freeze the thing if you wanted to, I'm sure that would probably reinforce it if needed. But, I feel like we would only need that for larger buildings" he smiles as he looks back toward the structures, quite satisfied with his creation.  

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan] @[Pteron]
    As Pteron glances between the adults, he comes to the realization that perhaps this shelter building is still a somewhat new venture for them all. Having been born with his own abilities, it doesn't occur to him that an adult would not have mastered their skills. His father is in total control of his invisibility after all, and Pteron's mastery grows stronger with each passing day.

Aziz answers Leilan's question about the structure of the structure, and mentions an ability to freeze. This fits with what the roan had said earlier about ice magic, and Pteron's olive eyes are alight with curiosity.

“Oh could you?” He asks, his hooves shuffling in excitement at the possibility of witnessing several new magics in such a short amount of time. “I've never seen ice magic before.” The yearling knows that he should be heading home soon, but he is sure that seeing ice magic would be worth having to fly in the dark for a bit on his way home.

@[Leilan]
    @[Aziz]
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The roan follows the bay, just like the yearling boy does. The bay stallion mentions the structure being sturdy enough for now, and so Leilan doesn't feel like he needs to add anything. He nods when Aziz says the ice could be needed for larger buildings, and starts to walk the inside perimeter of the dome.

But he's not yet two steps away when their guest interferes with a question. If he please could? The scaled stallion tilts his head at the boy, then shrugs to Aziz. "I'll see to one of those walls then." he grins a bit, it's not like it's probably needed - in time, where the wind comes from, an agglomeration of snow and ice will probably form against the wall without his interference - nature will claim back what it loses, or otherwise will conquer. But he can do a little something to entertain a younger one, sure.

Building is serious business, but they better talk about decorating later on, too. Apparently it attracts visitors.

He takes the few strides to go back outside, waiting for Pteron so he's not immediately buffeted by the wind. Then, he approaches one of the walls that shield them from the wind. Taking up position sideways of it, he examines the rock. If the wind continuously comes from one side, then it will be good to glaze that part over - the wind would then be guided around and over the rock by the smoother surface.

It doesn't take too long for him to call to the magic. Funny, last time he did this he was patching up a hole, and it doesn't feel like much of a difference. His eyes switch back to a near-colourless icy blue as he does, where previously there had been a hint of aqua blue or even green in them. The icy cold jets that leave him are not exactly ice yet (he's not a storage of ice) but as soon as the cold touches the rocky surface, frost flowers bloom shortly, and ice forms with the gaseous water out of the air. It's quick now that they're so close to the sea, and soon enough a thick layer of ice covers the wall where he's passed by it.

Not too long a time later, he stops with a shake of his head and a small movement of his jaw (having it hang open all the time can cause a strain), and inspects the half-pyramid of ice that now stands against the wall. "That should do it."
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Aziz] @[Pteron]
    |

Aziz turns to look at Pteron, now that Aziz had done his thing it seemed like Leilan would use his abilities too, which was quite interesting.
    The stallion wandered close as he watched Leilan move toward the wall, glancing toward the smaller equine to see if he was also curious.
    The bay stallion had not seen Leilan use magic yet and so was quite intrigued to see what he would do.

Suddenly cold icy jets erupt from Leilan, his eyes are locked wide open for a while as he stands surprised "That is quite impressive" and it truly was, Aziz had not seen anything like it to this day.
    It seemed like quite a useful tool as well, now seeing the possibility of how large structures could be protected. A smile appears on his face as he turns back to Pteron, wondering if he was as astonished as the bay stallion.

He wondered if this land would ever warm up fully, the earth seemed to have weird cycles, perhaps it had one for Beqanna as well, or perhaps not.
    Maybe the fire of hundreds of dragons could heat it as well, he smiles as he thought as he turns back toward Leilan.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan] @[Pteron] Sorry this is very short!