• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Winter Wonderland; Anyone!

winter wonderland

Warmth seems to seep into him as he walks the short confines of the teal pool, surrounding it as he slows to a halt, entranced by the reflective lights bouncing off of the water that now beamed into his crimson eyes. The ivory male lowered his pink-tipped muzzle into the water, the surface breaching and parting into sides as his soft nostrils came crashing, he began to drink the cool liquid, his body perfectly straight and balanced as he raised his head once more, everything was quite quiet and calm; just the way he liked it. The snowy male now perched himself on the ridge as he slid to the side, quietly observing a flock of birds land and forage for food, he had the habit of doing this, silently standing and letting life slowly pass him by, he wasn't entirely bothered by it either, he simply stood still and watched.
    As time slowly passes the male seems to shiver slightly, his lack of movement beginning to catch up on him, and so he began to move his pearl coloured body, shooting himself forward into a trot and stretching his legs, his dull grey mane sliding across the creases of his large neck and over the side. The male was bored, life did not seem to be springing back as it usually does after the cold leaves, instead, life was hiding. Hiding from the grip of the plague; terrified of being caressed by its suffocating embrace. He himself did not want to catch the plague, but he also did not want to hide from it, an imbalance within him that waged war constantly.

The pale male now balanced himself as he slowed to a walk, moving his now warm body forward with his large legs, his roman-like nose bouncing to the beat of his hooves as he composed his step, he still attempted to observe the land, yet nothing was answering his desire, usually by now he would be hidden away, socially ineffective; he would observe, anything that would pass him by. But for now, he had time, the area that surrounded the raucous river was quiet and still, a wonderland for him to walk in, his white form moving slowly across the terrain as it started to become dark, a time he felt most vulnerable in. Ruinam slowed to a halt as he found his usual bedding spot, moving into the shrubs quietly as he lay down, feasting his blood-red eyes on the moving water in front of him, it seemed to entrance him, his eyes following the white ripples caused by the rushing water, slamming against rocks and edges as it slowed and gained speed in certain areas, but he did not have time for this now, all he could possibly think of right now is sleep, the possibility of regenerating his energy as he waited quietly for life to come back around him, defying the grip of the plague, demanding freedom.

The male had finally regenerated enough to move from the forest, his frame heavy as he began lifting himself, quickly moving in the direction of new territory before it could become dark. The white figure moved out of the cover of the trees, his snowy coat standing out against the dark ground, reflecting the pale moon. The stallion was intent on getting there fast, his interest was increasing with each step as his walk began increasing in speed, a new land to explore and, a  frontier of hope and peace for him.
    The snowy stallion now moved with haste, his grey tail following him silently as his walk became a rather exaggerated trot, opening his stride and closing the distance, he could feel he was close now, the scent peaking his interest as he neared what looked to be like the border, his halt firm as his dark hooves stuck to the ground quietly, his chest ringing as he issued a call, announcing himself at the border of this new land, his stance firm as his white body stood alone in the dark mirage of trees. All he had to do now was wait, for who, or what. He did not know. 

Ruinam
    ruinam-500px
    Her kingdom duties have been taking all her time in the passing seasons. If she wasn't on a diplomatic visit she was tending to the equines looking to call Sylva there home. Today was no different, the calling of another rang through her ears.

The heavily pregnant queen flicked her pelt from its original dappling to a pure white with pale blue dappling. A shade that would better protect her in her surroundings, to keep her hidden until she desires. She slowly waddles through the bare kingdom, most trees with no leaves, aside from the pine trees.

As she nears the border a white stallion stands, she can not pick up a kingdom scent, and he seemed respectful enough. Normally she would approach without a second thought, but escaping danger was no easy task in this situation.

I assume it was you who called? How may I help you? She does not offer her name  something Sinner had taught her, no need to give out to much information to strangers.

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

His eyes followed the approaching mare closely, his ears pivoting to listen to the quickly approaching question, the stallion stood silently for a moment before opening his muzzle to speak "I am Ruinam, I have come to ask if I may join these lands" his tone is quiet but firmly placed, his blood red eyes observing the mare, paying attention to her coat.
    Ruinam's expression stays hushed, his reclusive personality portraying silence and peace, he is not fond of being extremely social; not adept to speech with other equines, bit he hopes to change this.

The air is thick and rather cold, the snow beneath him wrapping around his dark hooves, turning to sludge soon after once his body heat had reached it.
    His body shivered slightly as he waited for a reply, steam rising from his soft, skin-pink nostrils as they stood silently, the breeze dying down to a slow flow of cold air, the trees shielding them from it as they stood hushed.    

Ruinam
    @[Mary]
    ruinam-500px
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    He has never felt the need to answer the call of strangers, especially when Mary had been quick to ascend to such tasks. She was quick to find her place within the role of queen, and he was satisfied to know his co-ruler played her part well and attended to her responsibilities without much of a squabble. The hound has no doubts no that he had given the crown to someone who would carry Sylva forward to accomplish greater things.

However, the wolf does not leave her today to do her duties. Sinner has watched has the color-changing queen swell with life. She carries his child—the future of Sylva, but also the opportunities their child will bring him. Part of him has began to keep an eye on Mary. It was not that he cared for her in a loving way, but for the personal gain it might give him and securing his position.

Sinner is not far behind Mary as she greets the arrival of a snowy stallion. He catches the words of the stranger on the cold winds of winter. The bay stallion—within his horse form—makes himself comfortable at the side of the pregnant Mary. He gently presses his nostrils onto Mary for a second, a form of greeting, but also a way to let her know he notices the growth of their child.

“And what can you offer Sylva?” He asks as he turns his dark nutmeg gaze over to the stallion who calls himself Ruinam. “Do you plan to make something of yourself?” Sinner is always eager to have those that join Sylva for more than the lowlife of living here, but he does not also mind those that come here to live and find safety. “Or are you here to find a place of safety?” Either did not matter to him. Their numbers were growing, and the beast—in a rather good mood today—is happy to add more to Sylva.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Mary] @[Ruinam]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

winter wonderland

The ivory-coloured horse stands quiet as a new horse approaches, his stature portraying importance as he neared the mare in front of him, Ruinam perks his ears with intent as the other stallion begins to speak, the white stallion listens carefully, waiting patiently for the stallion to finish what he was saying.
    Ruinam paused for a moment before formulating a reply, his soft pink muzzle opening to speak "I can be of use wherever you may need me" He pauses momentarily "I may not be gifted with magic, but I am able to make myself useful" This was true, Ruinam was born without magic, he wasn't particularly bothered by it but it still irked him in certain moments, even though he did not have magic he was still an extremely loyal and helpful horse, since he was not social he would usually stand back and observe, learning from gathering information and picking up skills from others.

The stallion stands quietly before speaking again "Of course I do also seek of a place to stay as anyone would. But I will make myself useful" he had already delivered his promise if the stallion was willing to take it, Ruinam sought safety within these lands but would also offer his own life, if it ever came to it.

Now he stood silently, awaiting the stallion's verdict on his current homeless situation, his own face still mostly expressionless as they all stood together, almost huddled in the cold.

Ruinam
    @[Sinner] I hope I haven't messed up the posting order here, I'm usually pretty bad at doing that so just let me know if I have!
    ruinam-500px

Mary

The white stallion introduces bimself as Ruinam, asking to call Sylva his home. She expected this was the reason of his visit, though she scans over the rather quiet stag. Sylva was not a normal kingdom and the queen wonders if he would be able to hold up in this demanding kingdom.

Before she gets the chance to reply her head turns behind her as the sound of crunching snow grows closer. Her orbs lay on Sinner and a warming smile tugs at her lips, she rarely see's the hound in his equine form, and she wonders if it was simply because he did not want to smell like a wet dog.

As he approached he warmingly touches his nose to her shoulder and she responds with a quick nicker. There relationship was odd, surely not one with romance, rather a friendship with similar goals.

Sinner was quick to place himself in the conversation, certainly he was eavesdropping earlier. He asks Ruinam what he can offer Sylva, what his intentions are for their kingdom.

Her eyes shift to the white stag, who seemed slightly taken aback by Sinner but through it all responds with confidence. Noting he will go wherever the kingdom needs him, stating that he wants a home like any other equine, but will work for his spot.

She can respect his speech, Sylva has a few slackers within and would benefit with someone willing to better the kingdom. I think you would make a good diplomat, with some training of course. Her tone was gentler than usual, and it is mostly due to the fact that she would soon be expecting a heir to Sylva. You will fit in well here, she glances to Sinner quickly before back to Ruinam.

Long May She Reign

@[Sinner] @[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The horse watches the mare's eyes turn to him, Ruinam listening to her words, a thankful smile spreading onto his dull, expressionless face, Ruinam is quick to return a reply, opening his pink muzzle to speak "I would be very grateful, thank you" the stallion responds as his ears twitch slightly, happy to be securing a place in these new lands.

Ruinam glances around the area, it is weirdly beautiful to him in a weird sense, seemingly lost in time. The stallion shuffles around, the snow beneath him almost melted now as he stood silently.

Ruinam
    @[Mary] @[Sinner] I'm sorry this is so short, I didn't have much imagination when writing it
    ruinam-500px
    @[Ruinam] rolled a 3 and is infected.
    A 5 means he will show symptoms.
    A 3 means he will express a trait.
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    The increasing cold of winter does not bother him as he stands among the two others. He has faced far worst things then the bitter cold. The hell fire itself, the very thing he was created from, were worse than this.

He did not entirely care for what came with greeting newcomers, but something within him told him he needed to do otherwise. Giving Mary the full reign of greeting and building relations with those that came to call Sylva home did not completely settle with himself. It likely did not with those that also settled in Sylva now. If he lingered within the shadows, he would be forgotten while Mary blossomed and rose above, leaving him and his position free for the taking.
    It was the smallest of these things that he wishes to avoid. If Sinner must attend to less trivial things, then he will. A king cannot have a crown without its own people after all.

Mary responds with a pleasant nicker. It seemed she was also pleased with the way her belly swelled and the growth of their child within her. Eventually spring would be here without him knowing just as winter came. But he would no falter away from his duties as a leader and father (what does a father even do?).

The hound listens carefully to the words of Ruinam. Words that any leader would welcome from a stranger with open arms. Words were easily deceivable and could be taken for granted. He nods his head in response, allowing Mary to speak as she welcomed the white stallion in freely. Sinner may not as be welcoming as his co-ruler, but he is always careful with others (though most of these thoughts are always kept to himself). It was action and time he needed in order to see that Ruinam was as he said he could be.

He does not hesitate when Mary’s words fall away and Ruinam speaks again in reply to Mary’s words. “You do not need magic to be anyone,” he states, letting his right hoof dig into the snow-crusted earth below where he stands. “Determination and hard work are some of the things that will get you where you want to go in life.” These were some of the things Sinner holds onto to make his place within the world.

“As for your residency within Sylva, I do not see why you cannot be here,” he then falls silent, giving his verdict to the white stallion.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Mary] @[Ruinam] No worries! <3 I love Ruinam. Excited for you to join us Smile
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form