• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

holiday party; any
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

The days have stretched long and thin and Leliana grows restless beneath them.

Although she travels to the island when she cans, stays home with her girls for most of the time, she still feels something like boredom settle into her bones. She wakes and shakes the dust from serpentine wings, the scales shimmering like an oil spill beneath the Pampas sun. She yawns and stretches, letting her elegant body soak in the delicious relief as her muscles pull taut and then release. 

It does not take long until Adna bounds up, her face shining with excitement, and Leliana can only wonder at the elegance that overtakes her daughter as youth continues to shed from her body. She is no longer the bushy-tailed, snub-nosed girl of her first years. Adna has grown and filled out, fitting more into her body now than ever before, her limbs lengthening and mane and tail beginning to fall delicately.

Leliana feels a pang in her heart at the thought that her baby girl wouldn’t be that for much longer.

Just a year or two longer and she would be an adult.

She couldn’t keep her at home forever.

So when her eldest suggests the party, it doesn’t take much convincing for Leliana to agree. She just presses another kiss to her daughter’s forehead and then walks alongside her as they travel through the twilight. When they reach a bridge made of the same, they both lean down, sniffing in wonder at the magic that could create such a thing. They lean into one another, laughing softly, and then walk companionably down the length of it. Leliana’s wings shift at her sides, turning into soft dusk. 

It is the most ethereal version she has ever worn, the edges of them barely visible and translucent as the dark and the light chase each other. She doubts she could take to the skies with them, but they delight her daughter, and that’s what matters the most. As Leliana and Adna touch the sand that then bleeds into snow, she doesn’t try to hold Adna back. Her daughter is clearly ready to stretch her metaphorical wings and explore, and she knows that she needs to give her the freedom so she can make memories of her own.

When she is by herself, Leliana finds a spot where she can rest and observe, hazel eyes warm and her face calm as the party begins to pick up steam. Her twilight wings flare slightly and then settle along her back.

She is surrounded by others, but in this moment, she has never felt more alone.

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Ice and snow aside, the silver bay roan moves through the masses. He’s seen Chryseis and Rhaegor but for once decided not to think about it. She’ll be 3 years old next spring. If she’s that set on making him a grandfather, then he hopes they have a girl and get to worry about her as much as he does about Chryseis herself. Not entirely fair on his side, but still.

He’d made a pond freeze over, thinking it might be fun for the kids and perhaps some adults too, to try walking on the flat sheet of ice, but to be honest Leilan was pretty restless these days. He wasn’t exactly sure why that was, though maybe it was because of the amount of things looming over him that he couldn’t quite solve in one go. So afterwards, he meandered towards the crowd that had gathered, seeing if there’s anybody he needed to talk to again. Perhaps his family on Shah’s side... seems they were no longer in Nerine after all.

It’s only then that he finds the loner on the side. A small grin follows, thinking it the better option (he wasn’t wuite sure he was willing to ask those questions to his nieces right about now, and why would he, they weren’t his kids - heck, they were about his own age, nevermind that he didn’t age any longer). ”Name twin! Nice meeting you again.” he says, sliding up next to her to talk.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Dovev had gone quietly away again and Wolfbane could easily guess who would be responsible. It was the why that evaded him, kept him lingering when he should’ve been in the air searching. Why the secrecy about Dovev leaving? Both the armored horse and his grandmother were as adamant as Bane was himself about doing whatever they pleased - so why say nothing at all? Very unlike either of them … he expected a snub at the least.

Hesitating for a moment, the agitated stallion ceased shifting through the Pampas grass and quietly reasoned with himself. Either it’s something serious, or something to their benefit, Wolfbane pondered, narrowing his eyes to watch the tendrils of spiky carpet shiver in the breeze. Lately everyone had seemed focused on the Plague, land disputes had been hammered out, there was even a call for gathering in celebration … The f*cking party! He knew at once.

Then he laughed.

Well, he thought as he leapt into motion again, unfurling his wings and taking flight in a Westerly direction, the invite was an open one. And that was that; Wolfbane flew in late to a gathering he really hadn’t intended to visit and found himself circling a populated section of the Island, where two very familiar horses were lingering in observance. One was Leilan, the other Leliana, and though neither were particularly close with Bane they were the first he approached after landing some feet downshore.

“Leliana,” He greeted the other pegasus first, tucking his head in a respectful nod, and then, “Leilan, you freak of nature! Well met.” in a much more chipper, robust sort of tone. “What brings you two here?”

King of Loess : Leader of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Leliana] @[Leilan]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you

She doesn’t expect to attract the attention of one other soul, let alone two. Her eyes widen slightly as they both arrive, and her crimson lips tip upward into a kind smile. She angles her head toward the dragon-stallion by her side, laughter reaching her hazel eyes as she consider him. “Name twin,” she says it with a warmth around the syllables, leaning over to bump her shoulder into his own. “It is so good to see you.” She wants to ask him about his children, and whether he had become a more active presence in their lives like they had discusses last time, but she refrains for now—just in case it was still a sensitive subject.

Her attention is caught by the second brightly colored stallion to approach, and she recognizes him from how she’s seen him from afar, first in Loess and then in the Pampas. She knows that he is the leader and that her husband serves as his Champion, but Leliana has never been one to care for politics. She had other things to do with her attention, other things to occupy her time. She didn’t have the stomach for it.

“Oh, Adna insisted,” Leliana answers with a breezy laugh, a roll of smoke on her tongue. She is sure that her daughter is roaming around, getting into trouble, and it brings a light to her eyes—a joy at the idea of Adna making her memories. “She is quite stubborn, that one. She gets it from her father.” Of course, her mother has her fair share of stubborn in her, but it is a more delicate variety than Vulgaris’ and she likes to think of her daughter’s bright, vivacious personality coming from her serpentine partner.

Her ears perk in the ruffled mess of her mane and she nods to both of them.

“What of you two? Did you just come to enjoy the festivities?”

@[Leilan] @[Wolfbane]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    The topic of children and being involved in their lives, well - she is right, it is a sensitive subject. Not in the way she thinks but, rather opposite. He'd said one thing too many, discovered one thing he didn't like, and now everything seems to be broken. This is why, while he'd come to this gathering to see how Chryseis was doing, he would not intervene any more. She'd resent him for it, surely, just like everything else the father of a teenage girl did, was probably wrong.

While he'd been thankful for someone more quiet to talk to, away from all the fusses, in the same way that she had once been a part of his mental healing in the meadow - someone else is quick to approach, just when the two exchange a hello. Getting called a freak of nature, no doubt for the addition of ice to his scales or just his overall appearance, the roan is quick enough to decipher it's Arthas' former protégé who is talking. So, he turns his head to meet his eyes, gives a mock bow, and mumbles. "Bane of our existence," in greeting - because really, with such a name, it is just too easy. He had once mentioned it in the presence of Lepis, who clearly didn't appreciate his humour, but the icedrake figures the man himself wouldn't take it as seriously as she.

The bay-red woman starts to answer the striped man's question, stating Adna insisted, and to be frank, Leilan could pretty much say the same. Although, Chryseis didn't really ask him over. He just went, and seeing she didn't leave with a kelpie, he just figured he should occupy himself with something else. Now, he shrugs a little at Bane and Leli. "I figured if there's this much talk about it, better go see what's up." Before anyone ruins themselves completely. But hey, he needs to let go, which is why he's here and not 'harassing' his daughter any more in the first place. Like a 'tyrant'. Damn, that Rhae kid still found a way to ruin his life.

He shakes his head to get rid of his thoughts, then looks at the two. "Did you come for someone, too, Bane?"

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[leliana] @[Wolfbane]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |