• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Seems they beat us to the punch, Mary says of Hyaline, and Valdis struggles to suppress the smile that wants to surface. Of course they did, she muses, because mother and Kagerus are ever prompt and eager to extend their influence in the name of their kingdom. Immediately when the plague defiled Beqanna, the Caretakers had a plan and executed it with practiced precision. That’s why the East is already a combined and formidable force.

A sense of pride blossoms in her chest when she thinks of her mothers and what they’ve accomplished during their reign. Certainly, it’s something to aspire to. Valdis had observed them growing up, watched them patrol the borders and address foreigners, but she never accompanied them on diplomatic treks across Beqanna. The wonder of it played in her dreams as a child as she envisioned what the other kingdoms looked like. With an eagerness and curiosity that has brewed since she was a girl, it’s an easy decision to make when Mary proposes the idea.

”Yes,” she sharply says, her tone formal to mask her childhood excitement reeling through her mind, ”I’ll go to Ischia with you.” Little does Valdis know that her father’s oldest friend currently reigns over the island. Taking an interest in diplomacy may yet still be a possibility for her. Last she saw her twin – and parents together – she had mocked him for choosing diplomacy because her mind has always been more inclined toward warfare. The opportunity of fighting has escaped her thus far, but she promises herself it’ll happen in due time, just as her diplomacy skills. With a contemplative blink and a brief, sideways glance, Valdis considers the relation with the Pampas. ”So, what will we do, if anything, to improve our relationship with the Pampas?” She wonders if the South will portray a unified front like the East, or if no one will ever be quite so strong as mother and her reign.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Mary]
    Mary can sense the pride she has being a former Hyaline member, or whatever she considers herself, at the mention of her birth kingdom. She does not say anything, allowing the mare to enjoy the moment.

As Mary mentions needing to visit Ischia, inviting the blue mare, she quickly jumps at the offer. A grin appearing on her maw, Sinner may have invited her to the kingdom for his own intentions, but she is proving to be a hard working equine. Mary nods her head to Valdis Alright then, I will come find you before I heas out. She was not sure when exactly the day she would visit, but the blue stag who rules had left a lasting impression on her. She was truly interested jn seeing this kingdom he so eagerly attempted to get her to.

As Valdis asked about the relatioship within the southern sector, Mary did not hold back. It is true that Pampas and Sylva do not have as strong a bond as Loess and Sylva, though Mary enjoyed the innocence Noah holds and had no problem connecting the souther sector as a whole. When Valdis asks the plans to improve there relationship she cocks an eye towards the mare.

Mary nearly insulted, did she ask because she thought lesser of the south? Or because she had something to offer? A shallow snort escapes as she responds That Valdis, is for Sinner and I to discuss, I will see you for the trip to Ischia. She flicks her tail as a departing note and with a grin she passes the blue mare, walking deeper into Sylva until she was out of sight.

@[Valdis] OOC: Sassy Mary, I'll get another post up soon for the Ischia visit ^^