• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Long May She Reign ||Noah||

Mary

The last time she was in the Pampas she came to talk to Bane, to rekindle the relationship between Loess and Sylva. She was successful, and her success was rewarded with the crown of Sylva, she prances into the kingdom with a grin on her maw. 

Her body was thinner than it should be, and her pelt was not as shiny as it normally would be, small spots on her body had begun to lose hair. She could thank all of her problems to the plague, she danced with the devil and he kissed her, but she would not fear it, just accept it.

When she spoke with Bane he had mentioned a healer who was now in rule of the Pampas, one who could heal her of the plague. Having the plague did not bother her, but it was time her appearance was back to one hundred percent, and as the newly crowned Queen she should meet her neighboring ruler as well, knock out two tasks with one visit.

Noah.....Noah.....Noah she casually said the equines name a few times, testing it out, talking loud enough for another to hear, but not calling out for the equine. She did not know what she looked like, or even where to find her, but eventually she would have to stumble across this Noah.

Long May She Reign

@[Noah] whenever you get a chance<3

that's all there is

The plague rages around them, but not within the borders of the Brilliant Pampas. Here, it is as if the outside world does not exist – fields of flowers bloom riotiously, and a breeze blows across the heated meadows occasionally. The trees that dot their landscape are verdant, and the river that turns into a stream as it winds its way across their peninsula is flowing nicely, bubbling and laughing brightly. Laughing – something that Noah hasn’t done often, not recently. When she leaves the safe haven of her new home, she is met with disease and fear and anger – she herself is immune, a strange gift from the dark god (she refuses now to think of him as her great-grandfather) who had killed her father, but she can’t help all of them.

She wants to help them as many as possible, but she has promised to help the Loessian refugees and the people in the Pampas, so she conserves her strength for the most part, acting only to help those who seem particularly close to death, and the children. None of the residents of the Pampas right now need her help, or none that have approached her, so she is surprised to find the unpleasant scent of sickness drifting across her path. The little mare wrinkles her nose in distaste but turns to follow the trail, her footsteps nearly silent in the deep grasses. Usually she would revive the flora as she walks, and she offers a silent apology for not doing so, but she is not going to waste her strength on the grass when she might need it for another creature.

Noah takes a moment to watch the other mare, who is wandering quite aimlessly but speaking Noah’s name. This is the one who is sick – she can see it now, as well as smell it. It’s paired with the smell of Sylva, and so she is cautious as she steps forward to make herself known, because she remembers Arthas and his ‘friends’. Noah had not trusted them, had not liked them, and so she is cautious of this new Sylvan; she’d believed that Wolfbane had convinced them not to come around with danger in the minds, but there’s always the worry that his threats would not have been clear enough for some. She doesn’t know Arthas is dead, or that someone new rules in Sylva.

“I’m Noah,” she murmurs quietly, blinking at the stranger. “Can I help you?”

noah

@[Mary]
    She mutters the name to herself in hopes to engrain it to her memory. Mary found the whole visit pointless, she didn't even know what this healer was looked like, but here she was, endlessly pondering.

I'm Noah the voice was subtle and as her head turns it settles on a winged roan mare similar to her own age. A small smile tugged at her lips, it was nice to see someone her own age as eager for a thrown, regardless the intentions. Can I help you? the words followed the introduction.

Mary finds the mares gaze My name is Mary, Bane sent me to you a cough follows the sentence, if it was not obvious with the patches of fur missing and lack of weight, the cough would confirm it.

Also, I am queen of Sylva, there has been a shift in rulership, I come in hopes to befriend my neighbor, as well as ask for a favor. The word slithered from her mouth, favor, that means she was in debt. She did not like it, but she could not continue on like this, surely the healer could have pieced together her request for today's visit.

@[Noah]

that's all there is

She supposes she will have to consider diplomacy, in the coming months. The fae have promised that the plague will not bother them forever, after all, and with the end of the disease will come other things – an increase in travel, an potential increase in hostility between lands. Noah doesn’t intend for the Pampas to be a major player, rather simply a herd land, but that doesn’t mean that Wolfbane won’t need her to act the diplomat occasionally or that she won’t have cause to defend her own claim of her home from those who would find them easy pickings.

So, she smiles; gently, cautiously, and tilts an ear forward to catch the mare’s words. Even so, she starts to poke at the disease, weighing it, rating it. It’s not as advanced as the last case she’d dealt with, which of course will work to both of their advantages. Noah would hate to make the mare wait for healing, but she also would hate to acknowledge that there is a limit to her powers. Better for the Pampas if the outside world believes that Noah is a valuable commodity. She surfaces from her introspective trance when Mary mentions it being a favor, and there is the slightest tilt to her head. In truth, Noah would have healed Mary simply for Bane have asked it of her, but having the Queen of Sylva owe her a favor doesn’t seem wise to turn down.

Perhaps they are close in age, but she feels ancient compared to the mare, her recent experiences make her feel as if she’s aged twenty years. “And what is it you intend for Sylva?” she asks solemnly, fixing Mary with hazel eyes that today are more green than brown. If they intend to challenge Bane and Loess for supremacy of this region of Beqanna, they won’t find a friend in Noah. But – regardless of the answer, she won’t refuse healing to the mare today. Not when Bane has requested it by sending her looking for Noah, and not when a favor owed might mean something in the future.

Taking a deep, quiet breath, Noah sinks into herself. She’s still listening, in case Mary hasn’t finished speaking, but she sinks into the magic. First there is the newer magic – greens and golds, sparks of every color of flower she’s encountered in the Pampas. This is the plant-gift that she had claimed from her great-grandfather; the only good thing to come of his insane quest. But beneath that is the power she was born with – grays and browns and blacks. Earthy and metallic, the power to drive the disease away – or advance it. It’s this she draws on to drive the plague out, leaving behind nothing but clean and healthy.

noah

@[Officials] can someone roll for Noah healing Mary please? <3
    @[Mary] has not been healed (rolled a 1).
    It was awkward for Mary to ask for help, especially from a stranger. Though the dapple queen trusts Bane, and by default choses to trust this young queen. If Sylva and Loess would be ties together once again, it only made sense to attempt to befriend the neighboring Pampas.

She can sense the hesitstion in the young roan mare, but it was a hesitation she understood. So when she asks what is intended for Sylva it did not come as a shock.

She takes a moment, pondering the question, a gentle laugh escapes her maw before she responds. To fix what my father has destroyed, though only time will tell our fates. Her words are not be taken with ill intentions, instead she notes the truth. She could not tell the future, she wouldn't lie and say one thing, when any action could alter her feelings in this very moment.

Noah, what do you intend for the Pampas? Her eyes scan the sanctuaries horizon, a safe land for all those seeking refuge from the plague. She only hopes that the two mares could become better friends as an outcome, all three kingdoms tied together in strength.

She is not sure exactly how the mare was able to source her magic in an attempt to heal her. Though Mary does not feel any differently, perhaps the faeries did not find it her fate to be healed today, an outcome she had to accept. Thank you the words were soft and a humble smile tugged at her lips. She appreciated the attempt, even if she returns to Sylva as sick as when she left.

@[Noah]

that's all there is

She keeps an ear trained on Mary, listening to her words about Sylva, even as she tries hard not to frown. It doesn’t feel quite right – she’s suspecting that for whatever reason, the healing isn’t working right now. It makes her feel bad, guilt roiling in her stomach, but she knows that it’s not as simple as that. This is a magic disease, after all, not just some cough.

Mary seems friendly enough, and Noah can’t help but hide a sudden, quick shiver. Arthas made her very uncomfortable – and so did his companions. But Sylva’s new Queen has been nothing but polite, friendly even. Noah isn’t sure there’s trust there, yet, and certainly not the instant trust she’d placed in Wolfbane. But there is a possibility there, a thread of something that could become friendship or trust or mutual respect.

“I just want a place to build a family,” she replies quietly. The little roan mare isn’t sure yet what that looks like, but she supposes she’ll have time to figure it out someday after the plague is gone, and the Loessians go home. “The Brilliant Pampas is the first place I’ve ever been able to call home.” Noah looks around, eyes bright, and a peaceful smile on her face; but it fades. “I’ve been healing others – I think maybe I was too tired, or my magic too spent. It doesn’t feel right,” her tone is apologetic, tentative. “If it’s ok, I’ll come see you in Sylva in a couple of days, and check on you. Try again, if I was unsucessful.”

noah

@[Mary]
    As she gives a brief discolsure of her vision for Sylva she notices discomfort in Noah. Mary can't help but wonder why, and at the same time doesn't want to ask.

As Mary asks what Noah's vision for the Pampas was, she goes on to say a place to build a family. Mary was not your traditional mare, seeking love and to have endless children with one man. Though she understands the desire that she wants, and for that reason she nods her head in acknowledgment.

Noah goes on to add the detail that the Pampas is her first home and Mary flashes back to her own childhood. She may have been raised by a man she could not get along with, but shes always had a kingdom to call home. I'm sorry that you are just now finding a home she adds in.

Noah speaks up again, this time noting that she had healed others before. Something was wrong and she didn't think that Mary was healed. She was no expert, but she had not been relieved of her pain, and her guess may in fact be the truth.

Noah asks permission to visit her in Sylva, to stop by and check on Mary, to attempt another heal. With a smile Mary extends her maw to the roan girls neck, Noah, you are welcome to Sylva, I hope that we can be good friends. As she pulls back her neck she looks in the direction of Sylva before flicking back to Noah This bas been a good conversation, but I really should head back home, Goodbye for now Noah.
    Mary gives a small dip of her head before turning and heading towards her own kingdom.

@[Noah] <3