• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Delta, any]
    The ruddy brown colt had heard the whispers about a sickness infecting Beqanna. Although Sylva had been relatively quiet, the very forest spoke of the numerous victims outside of the kingdom's borders. Since he did not know any one and, the army of trees had protected him thus far, Juice decided to stay here.

The lanky male slips through the shadows as quietly as possible. The fallen foliage bears a blanket of white, which is not as soft as snow can be, but it does muffle the crunching of pine needles and leaves. Ivory hooves navigate the tree roots and carry adolescent towards the center of the woods. He bore no specific destination. In fact, he would be content without running into any one.

Disproportionately long ears for his narrow snout and underdeveloped musculature rapidly rotate in search of sounds of another being approaching him. Dark, glossy pools peer out beneath tangled mat of horsehair on his forehead as they scan the shadows for movement. Salmon-lined nostrils flare in an effort to draw in more scents and, filter through them, carefully. His stride is deliberate but easy; a stroll through the maze of trees. He carries his poll above his withers as he remains alert. With every fiber of his being at the ready, his tail lifts away from his haunches and streams like a banner in the chilly, winter gusts. While nothing sparks a red-flag from his senses, Juice knew that he is never actually alone in the Sylvan forest.

@[Delta]

Kiss Thy Poison From My Lips

Forever the shadow of his sister, his only purpose had been ensuring her safety when father wasn't around.  Now that their father was dead he assumed he would be doing a lot more watching lately.  But alas Mary has slipped from his guard. Again.

He decides to go look for her.  Since the plague erupted he thought it may be best to find her and seek shelter in one of the safe places.  He is quick to move into action.  The lengthening stride of his adolescent body moved him quickly across the Sylvian kingdom in his search of his sister.  Since their father's death, he is unsure they are truly safe anywhere.  Arthas had created some enemies but his hope is 'the once king's' spawn will not be held accountable. 

"Maryyy," he calls out into the forests.  The weather was peaking towards an early spring but even the promise of new life could not prevent the plague from settling within their chests if they did not leave this place. 

"Mary!" His emerald eyes scan the territory around him to find the slightest of movements.  His buckskin coat did well to camouflage him here, but Mary would stand out amongst the browns and reds of their world.  A snap of twig comes from behind him and he pivots swiftly.  The andalusian blood running in his veins made him agile as well as compact.  "Who's there?"  The question is given even before his eyes settle on a form.  But when they do he is unsettled that it is a child alone in the forests.  "What are you doing out here?? Don't you know it is unsafe?"  Of course the young colt must not know.  What sane horse would be here without valid reason?  Like looking for a sister... 

Delta

@[Juice] Ok.  He needs to be corrupted or something lol.  Maybe accidentally hurting someone will flip a switch XD
    @[Mary] Since she is mentioned Wink
    @[The Plague] and for funsies lol

No one was never truly alone.

At least not within Sylva.

The hound moves through the autumn kingdom, covered in a light coat of the bitter winter. A thick coat of black fur wraps it around the hellhound, but the weight of it does not drag him down. He moves agilely across the autumn forest, each paw placed perfectly against the soft snow. Not even the crunching of pine needles and leaves are heard as he navigates through the tree trunks.

Within the air, the dark beast can smell the unfamiliar scents. He is drawn to the sources of the scent, like a hound that thirsts for the hunt. Begging for the thrill and challenge of the chase that always comes from it. The rush of the adrenaline pumping, filling the very core of him. Giving him life. A purpose.

Hunt.

Kill.

Eat.

Chaos.

These were his purposes.

As he prowls forward, he can hear the voice within the distance. The smell of two other males tells him that these are the only ones nearby. A wolfish grin spreads across his jawline, and his eyes light up with mischief. The older stallion was correct, Sinner would not disagree with that. However, he did not know that the ruling monster of the autumn forest was just around the corner.

“Intruders are never safe, at least not within Sylva,” he says firmly, stepping out to reveal his presence to the young colt and buckskin stallion. The hound moves gracefully forward. A hint of arrogance is obvious in every step he takes. He wears his newfound power freely, an invisible crown held high above on his head is indicated by the way he holds himself in front of them.

Sinner considers each of the strangers for a moment. He circles around them, not guarding himself because he found no reason not to. This was his land, his kingdom, his home. They were the ones intruding.

“What are you both doing here?” He asks flatly, stopping near the young colt. Sinner reaches out his snout towards the colt, taking a deep inhale of the boy’s scent and revealing his sharp teeth with a wider grin than he had before.

Sinner
    angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils
    character info: here | character reference: here | image © uribaani
    @[Delta] @[Juice]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

Mary
    Spring had arrived, and the bare desolate kingdom would soon be blooming into the fully covered kingdom once again. The plague had been around for a bit now, and she had still managed to escape its kiss of death, but one thing she could not shake was Delta. Her damn brother had always been following her, to 'protect' her even though she did not need his protection. A trait there father passed onto him, he was always groomed to be the heir, but it seems as though Mary in better shape to secure the throne.

Marryyy........Maryy! her name rings in her ears, the voice of her brother. Though she normally would avoid the splashed stallion, the scent of another ran through her nares. Her head tilted, a stranger? Did Bane send them? Were they coming in an attempt to secure Sylva for themselves? Her ears flatten to her dome, this kingdom was not available for strangers.

She lurked closer to her brothers voice, closer to the scent of the stranger, prowling in the background. Don't you know its unsafe? Her brother asks, concerned for the strange stallion. Mary rolls her eyes, was he stupid or arrogant? Why was he so friendly with the stranger? With the plague lurking everyone was on edge, more ballsy than they should be. She was about to step from her hiding, but Sinner appears from his own spot of hiding. Intruders are never safe, at least not within Sylva the words slip passe the hounds lips.

A small grin tugs at her lips as she watches the newly crowned king mark his territory, it was a little cute actually. The hound begins to circle the pair, what are you both doing here? he demands, finding a seat next to Delta. He didn't know Delta? What the hell did he do as Champion?

She rolls her eyes, it seems in this situation she had to save her brother. The dapple mare steps out from her hiding spot and approaches the trio This one is my brother, he has lived her as long as I have. She states, flicking her head towards Delta, her gaze finding Sinners. She gently flicks her tail at Sinner, finding a spot beside him and the stranger, glancing a smirk to Sinner her gaze turns to the stranger although you are an intruder, so why is it you are here? She cocks an eye, awaiting his response.

Long May She Reign

@[Sinner] @[Delta] @[Juice]
    @[Juice] is safe from the plague. For now. (Rolled a 4)

@[Delta] is also safe from the plague, for now. (Rolled a 6)

@[Mary] has been infected by the plague (rolled a 1).
    She will show symptoms (rolled a 4).
    She will not express a trait (rolled a 6).
    The young patterned bay hears the male before his dark, glossy orbs catch sight of his buckskin stallion. "Maryyy. Mary!" And then, the other equine must hear Juice's approach because he demands, "Who's there?" Lean chassis slides to a halt while gaze studies the older stag. He is taller and sturdier than Juice; quite athletic with well-defined haunches, powerful shoulders with a thick neck and noble profile. When he catches sight of Juice, he immediately questions why the colt is here.

The brown and white splashed lad steps forward and, opens his maw to speak but, is interrupted by the firm words of another male. Tufted lobes flick rearwards as Juice detects the lurking breaths of the beast that pads silently closer. Haunches tense and young male draws his breath in as the large hound encircles them. He could sense the power this male possesses and, Juice feels his heart begin to race. The hound's next words cause the tense muscles of his hindquarters to flinch. Then, the footfalls of another equine can be heard echoing off of the tree bark. Juice could hear his own pulse in his ears and could feel a lump growing in his throat. He could not be certain what would step out of the shadows but, he is quickly liking this situation less and less.

Mentally, the young steed attempts to withdraw within himself. It is a defensive measure to avoid the brewing conflict he finds himself in. He closes his eyes and imagines himself sinking into his shell, like a turtle. He feels himself retreating and, when he feels more safe, he opens his eyes. It is now that Juice realizes he no longer stands as tall as he did moments ago. His view is vastly different; much lower. From the slowly thawing ground, Juice sits in a single, completely liquid puddle. He feels the warmth of the hound's breath against him though he has no fur. He can still hear Mary's defense of her brother though he has no ears. Without nostrils, he can still smell the retreating scent of winter amongst the walnut and hickory trees. He can feel the chilly, early spring breeze brush against the surface of his liquid state, causing small ripples in his smooth consistency. It is a strange sensation and, yet, Juice finds it comforting. He attempts to move and, while gravity permits his small, clear pool to shift slightly, he does not make it far.

The time spent in liquid form is short-lived and, shortly thereafter, the flat puddle reforms into the equine body of the colt. Baffled by what had just happened, Juice stands for a moment, blinking rapidly. A deep sigh releases from nasal caverns before almost black orbs survey the three forms still standing around him. He offers a sheepish grin before lifting his poll. He  decides to address his answer to the hound and, squares eye contact with him before speaking. "I was born here. My mother delivered me while she was held captive." Glossy orbs acquire a hardness stemmed from defiance. He was not intruding. He belonged here just as much as anyone. For goodness sake, if they had a problem with him being here, take it up with her. Where was Lavendel these days? The colt wondered briefly as, he had not seen his mother or, twin, in months. He shifts his focus to the fading green-gray mare before addressing her accusation-laced question. "Look, I have no where else to go. I am happy to contribute in any way that I can. Perhaps you have room enough for me to stay?"

@[Sinner] @[Delta] @[Mary]

Kiss Thy Poison From My Lips

Looking to the colt with questioning eyes, his answers are slow to surface.  This worries him even more that the kid was lost and has been wandering for some time.  The bay seemed much too thin and passive to do well alone and especially here.

After their father died the kingdom slowly spiraled into its old ways.  It had shocked them both when Mary had not been left with the reigning title. And since their father's death a sinister hound had risen to ranks while Mary was off, well, being Mary.  

The buckskin found quickly they were not the only ones searching the forests.  His green eyes lock on the form of the lingering hound.  Holding his gaze and moving himself to stand between the wolf and the sheep.  The buckskin would not be such easy prey, but the bay colt would make an easy meal.

Words slither from the canine jaws and he is but a breath away from stating his right within the kingdom.  Until a familiar voice and form appears to settle very near the hellhound.  He snorts in disapproval, bringing his muzzle to touch his chest in an arched display of muscle.  He is about to demand she step away from that atrocity but Mary is quick to speak and question the colt that he was attempting to shelter.

His gaze turns to the colt, or where it had been.  For a moment he is perplexed by the sudden disappearing act, finding only a puddle in the place the bay had been.  It was possible the colt pissed himself and high tailed it into the forests out of fear.  But as quickly as the thought entered his mind, the puddle began to shapeshift into the splashed boy.  

His muddy ears swivel in uncertainty before one rests on the hound again and one on the suddenly strong willed colt.  Defiance could be one's undoing in such situations and so he decides to interject, "The child is of no threat to you or your kingdom." There is pause while his gaze settles on the wolf, "If a kingdom is to be strong we will need numbers and if he is willing to step up than I see no reason he cannot stay remain.  But if we stay here we will all fall victim to the plague..." All during the buckskins ramble he is really thinking they needed to get the fuck out of here five minutes ago.  But he wasn't about to leave without his sister.

Delta

@[Sinner]
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    He ignores the obstacle the buckskin stallion becomes between him and the young boy. Nothing would stop the beast from finding his way to an easy meal if it came to it. The animal within would not allow it—the hunger within him sometimes could not be controlled. But for now, it did not. Simply, he enjoyed pushing to the limits and playing his game.

There was something enjoyable about making another one feel meek. Even if it was a child, Sinner found a thrill in such things. Children were innocent beings, and bringing them into the dark was almost as thrilling as the hunt was. Their reaction was priceless. Truly.

His unravels his ominous expression with more delight. The enjoyment fills his dark, hollowed eyes now. Giving him more life than before. Sinner marvels at the way the young boy grows tense and withdraws into himself. Melting right in front of him.

Then came the distant, yet close footsteps.

Now the boy is literally melting in front of him! Sinner snorts with annoyance at the boy. However, it seemed other matters needed to be dealt with.

He flicks one ear in the direction of the footfalls against the snowy surface. He inhales sharply, taking in the fresh scent that comes from the shadows and joins the group. “Mary,” he says warmly in greeting, though there is a hint of irritation in his words.  The hound’s dark eyes flicker towards the pastel mare. “So glad you could join us.”

Of course, he thinks with a silent shake of his black canine head, There would be more of your little ones lingering around, Arthas. However, he did not exactly expect them to all come running high-tail back to Sylva. Did they truly think they could claim their right to the throne of the autumn kingdom? He snorts loudly in disgust at the possibility of that. It had been his all along.

“Anyone else I should be expecting then, Mary?” A sour tone spills from his lips. He expects once he establishes a more stronger foundation there will be more to come. Monsters and those that had likely fled the autumn forest. Perhaps even something more.

Sinner then turns his attention to the colt after Mary questions him. His puddle form was short-lived, but he rather liked the boy within his liquid state. It was rather amusing to see the boy fall and melt beneath him. However, it seemed the once scared colt has grown a bit of backbone as he looks at the dark hound straight on. An amused smirk grows across his lips while his eyes with life dance as he looks and listens to the colt.

He could care less for the colt being born within these woods. Being born gave no one a right to anything when it was all his for the taking. However, he likes the sound of the colt’s last words. The Sylvan king could use more able bodies around here. And for free, he did not disagree with that at all.

The buckskin stallion interjects before he can speak. Clearly trying to defend the colt from coming to any harm. Sinner had no plans of making the young colt his next meal. His smile grows with satisfaction now. “I could not agree more. Sylva will need numbers.” However, he doesn’t agree to what Delta fears about the plague. “Do not be so silly,” he growls, clearly irritated by the sudden proposition. “If you are afraid of the plague then do not show your face within Sylva. I will not vacate Sylva because of a petty plague that has consumed Beqanna.” A plague I gladly brought, but he does not care about that now. “I will ensure those that fall victim to the plague will be under my care and protection. Sylva will not struggle or fall while I am on the throne.”

He pauses for a moment, glancing over to the young colt for a moment and then back to Delta. He licks his lips lightly, pulling in his previous irritation. “You are both welcomed to stay within Sylva and make with what you want of yourselves. If you wish for glory, then claim it. But I will not have you living in fear of the plague if you remain.” Fear will not fuel them, but determination might. “We will find a cure for the plague. I am sure of it.” Even if he does not need it, Sylva will need it to heal and to become stronger.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Mary] @[Delta] @[Juice]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

Mary
    The hound greets her as she approaches, a small grin tugging at her maw as she quickly glances to her king. A mutual enjoyment of each other, without wanting a relationship with one another. Not the traditional relationship, and certainly not one her father would approve of, but all the better reason to pursue it. So glad you could join us he says, a hint of irritation in his tone. She only responds with a dip of her head, anyone else I should be expecting? He follows up, his irritation was obvious at this point, she matches his gaze with a grin Siblings? There are quiet a few of us, but who knows where Lothar went off too, and Corban is just a newborn. Just me and Delta here, if that is what you mean. Certainly father had his share of children, her mother returned to Sylva only to drop of her brother, Corban, unable to care for him. Mary agreed to watch over him, but she would certainly not be the mother figure the colt deserved.

Her eyes flick to the bay equine, the one that she and Sinner were curious as to why they were trespassing. He seemed cautious but then he spews out how he was born in Sylva, and he has no other home. He wants to become a resident, and does not mind working. Her gaze narrows in on the young stallion, his approach was rather pathetic but they could always use dedicated members.

Mary's hazel optics flick to her brother who quickly comes to the strangers aid, noting that he is no threat and the kingdom needs numbers to be strong. He was talking to Sinner of course, his tone was perhaps a bit testy for a hell hound he did not know, but then she knew his last words were a mistake. Talking about how they had to leave or fall victim to the plague.

She opened her mouth to scold her brother, but Sinner beat her to the punch. Her gaze trickles back to the new king, he agrees that Sylva needed more members, but then he goes on to scold Delta, stating if anyone was afraid of they plague they do not have a spot amongst the Sylvan members. She did not expect a different response from Sinner, yet it still sounded foreign when he said it aloud.

He went on to say that he would protect Sylva and would not allow the kingdom to fall, a small smile tugged at her lips. She admired his strength and dedication to the kingdom, Sinner goes on to say they are both welcome to stay in Sylva, but they will not live in fear of the plague. Finally, as the hell hound fell silent she was able to speak, We can't live in fear Delta, who knows how long the Plague is going to stay. We cannot stay isolated to the safe zones she says, only strengthening Sinners claim. Her gaze turns back to the stranger What is your name? she questions, he wanted to stay in Sylva, yet did not properly introduce himself.

Long May She Reign

@[Juice] @[Delta] @[Sinner]

It seems like his disappearing act failed to impress any of the three. Juice, on the contrary, finds himself beyond curious. Had he always possessed this trait? He would have to test his limits further to better understand what he could do. For now, the hound grants him permission to stay. The slightly older colt, the buckskin, seems ready to high-tail it while the light green mare remains calm and collected. Interesting. Anyways, the young bay splash feel relief that he did not have to relocate. These woods are all he has known and, he rather enjoys the comfort of their shadows. Mary's question pulls his focus back onto her. He responds promptly, his tone marked with the confidence of an ignorant boy. "It's Juice."

Sorry for the delay! I just felt like I should reply/answer Mary.