• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known;
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

He left Kali with Mom, letting them catch up. He hadn't wanted to let her go, but they both needed it, she and Mom. Or all three of them. So he made himself leave with another reluctant glance back.

It was only a few paces away before he stopped, his back to them and his head turning slightly. A soft smile lifted his lips, and his wings raised off his sides slightly before resettling neatly down in a sleek blanket. But then they were up again, and he alighted gracefully into the air. He recognized these thoughts, this voice. For a moment, his smile hesitated, remembering that time has passed differently. Would she even remember him now?

He'd see for himself.

It was a large island. A good thing, seeing as how there were so many of them. Too many. It may give him a headache after a while. He'd worry about that later. For now, all he concerned himself with was listening to her, tracking her through her beautiful thoughts, though pained and stressed as they were. Would she remember the comfort he'd tried to bring her? In the darkness of her depression.

He was near enough, and so he descended quietly to the ground, a soft mossy sort of soil and a gentle shade from the trees. Sunlight still splashed through and across his lavender and white, gleaming on his metal necklace his dad had crafted for him when he was little.

His head was held high, testing the air. He'd never been good at tracking. He was far better at being noticed, as glorious and gorgeous as his dad and sisters. Still, he was near enough and managed to find her, walking gently into view from between trees with a tentative smile. His grey eyes held hers, hoping for recognition. And perhaps joy? Something positive would be nice, especially after everything that had happened.

"Hey, Beautiful," he said softly, his head lowered to eye level with her.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy