• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burn down everything; any
    When your mother flies away you don't have much opportunity to chase after her. She looked right at me before she took wing. Saw me. I have not been on this Earth for very long. I can run and jump and speak in complete sentences but I cannot fly.  Even if my wings had fully feathered and I had mastery of them I never could have caught her.

When she first left me I stayed in the snowy clearing and waited. I made not a sound, like a fawn in the thicket. I estimated how long she would be and then doubled it so it would be like a surprise when she came back earlier than expected. There was never a surprise return, only me alone in a clearing full of whiteness and soft birdsong. Before night fell I picked a direction and walked. My mother wasn't coming back. She had threatened as much before, even left me for hours at a time until I was hungry and half frozen. It was winter and I was burdensome and slow to grow. She had other things to do.

Moving kept me warm. My wings lacked the longest and strongest of their flight feathers but they did serve to keep the oft falling snow off my back. When it started to get dark I found a quiet place beneath some heavy branches where a bed full of warm decaying pine needles and leaves waited to soil my creamy white coat as I slept. The snow could not reach this ground but piled up on the branches above to insulate my little nest a little more. I did not wonder if I would wake in the morning. I tucked my pink hooves beneath my belly and nestled my chin to the soft skin of my chest. I welcomed sleep. Somewhere in time I looked back at this moment and was grateful for a young flexible mind that could drift off into despite being so utterly alone and undeniably at risk. One day I would refuse to ever be as vulnerable as on this night.

how do I live without the ones I love?
    time still turns the pages of the book it's burned

The winged palomino appaloosa mare made her way through the adoption den. She wasn't sure exactly what she was searching for maybe it was to adopt a young foal. The girl trotted through the place as she searched for one of the lonely foals. Jayhawk finally spotted a winged filly and decided to approach. The girl was pregnant from maybe two different studs and sighed at the thought. Jayhawk tucked her wings tightly against her sides as she always done when she didn't want to fly. Sometimes she would rather walk than fly. She smiled as she stopped a respectable distance away from the young one. She said "Hello there. Do you need a home? My name is Jayhawk. What is your name?"

place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say but you're so far away

jayhawk

@[Leokadia]
    ((I've given up on the first person. Can't do it. Haha))

;

Leokadia

Morning came only a heartbeat after she had closed her eyes--or so it felt--and she raised her head to blink into the clear morning light groggy but somehow rested. Remaining in her nest she found that she had a panoramic view of the surrounding area from beneath the boughs overhead. Due to this she was able to observe the approach of the lone mare for sometime before she was noticed in turn. 

Her small white wings hung carelessly around her, feathers caught up with bits of pine needles and shredded leaves. In sleep she'd gained a smudge of dirt on her pale cheek. The picture was not that of a pristine darling lying innocent in the dappled shadows. She was a messy child alone in the woods, a little dingy and sticky. 

She extended her neck to peer up from beneath the pine boughs, her crystalline gaze bold and interested. "Yes. I'm Leokadia." She drawled and then continued directly, "My mother flew. I need a new one." Leokadia gave a light snort, the cold air tickling her nose. She had built a fortress in her mind despite being all but an infant. She needed to solve this problem of motherlessness and fear, sorrow, or babbling wasn't going to do that.

she's an arsonist in her pastime
    and i've been burned for the last time

how do I live without the ones I love?
    time still turns the pages of the book it's burned

The winged palomino appaloosa mare gave the young filly a small smile. Jayhawk said "Its a pleasure Leokadia. I wouldn't mind taking you in." She knew that she didn't have a herd to take her but she had a spot in the forest. She knew that she should join a herd especially this close to her twins to come. She then turned her attention back to the young cremello filly and said "If you decide to come with me then soon you will have a couple of foals to play with."  

place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say but you're so far away

jayhawk

@[Leokadia] sorry for taking so long

;

Leokadia

"Okay." The cremello child replied and with that contract between them she came all the way out of her hiding place. Once in the open she raised her small wings up and shook them out with a few lopsided flaps and scratched her little face on her foreleg. Raising her head again, Lo eyed Jayhawk with childish suspicion, though she had already adopted the mare as her own. "How? Where are they?" She asked, wondering why the foals that would be here "soon" were not already with them. Did all mothers leave their children in places alone for long periods of time? Her birth mother had seemed to be irregular in this but maybe it was a common behavior. She did not understand the concept of pregnancy and birth, of course.

she's an arsonist in her pastime
    and i've been burned for the last time

@[Jayhawk]  :]
    Jay smiled at the cremello filly as she listened to her. The hybrid mare looked at the young one and said "I will be birthing them soon. You will also have an older adoptive brother and a cousin. If you may follow me I shall show you where I live." The palomino girl was excited to give this young girl a home with a couple other foals to play with. She wasn't sure how the young one would like her new home. That is if she decided to follow her to her home and hopefully the filly would like it there.

@[Leokadia]