• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Product Of Your Despair- Wolfbane
    Arthas
    He has settled into his new position in Loess nicely, he has made a few alliances and recruited a few equines. But it was not enough, he wanted more, Loess was still slim in numbers, they needed to grow to become amongst the strongest of kingdoms in beqanna. 

Today was no different, he went out venturing the nomad lands, looking for an equine seeking a new home. He usually stalked the river, closest to his home, and sometimes the meadow. But today he decided to check out the forest, to see what equine was out lingering the wooded area. It was the peak of the day as the sun was high in the sky, although newly autumn a gentle breeze offered relief from the harsh heat.

He moves further into the woods, only stopping when he reaches a clearing. He scans the horizon looking for any form of life. His attention flicks to the trees, a couple of squirrels jumping from branch to branch and even a bird chirping as it sit perched on a branch. But none of those would do, he flicks back to the opening, scanning once more for another.

A Product Of Your Despair

@[Wolfbane] Figured I would get something up for them^^

Wolfbane

Talking with Gansey, though it’d been far from what he expected, had been exactly the thing Wolfbane hadn’t known he needed. He’d kept to the choppy skies over Tephra long enough, floating in and out of its volcanic, black plume just to gather soot on his gold-and-blue striped hide. Perhaps the island was getting too small for his ever-growing wings, or perhaps the unexpected, rapid decline of his sire’s health had something to do with it.

Whatever the case, he’d flown the coop without solid plans to return and found that the not-knowing of his future was a rather exhilarating sort of feeling. Dreams and youth are notorious bedfellows; stirred together within him they gave Wolfbane an optimistic high. He hummed to himself because he could, the barest pearls of white against his lower lip flashing every now and then with a high note. They were fangs, still growing to their full potential and oddly fitting given his exotic look.

It’s only when he steps into the clearing that his visible form really shines.

Quite literally, the gold of his natural palomino coat was stunning - rich and tinted like a newly minted coin. Set against the iridescent blue stripes that ran in jagged uniformity from neck to croupe, it was hard not to look at him when he chose to be seen. Everything about Bane seemed … excessive; the added wings, upright mane, and pinprick fangs only gave rise to further questions.

Wolfbane was a genetic oddity.

But such was Beqanna and her often flamboyant tendencies. In this case, at least, it would do the growing colt some good - he might (for once) attract the attention of someone who could change his fate ...

@[Arthas] and @[Pond] In case she wants to join in for a spell Smile
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    Arthas

As usual it is not long before he runs into another equine, he can see off in the distant a winged palomino. Although this one is different, this horses mane does not flow down to its shoulder, no his mane stuck up tall. He prods over and as he grows closer he spots the colts fangs odd he thinks to himself. He was young, barely older than a year. This was an impressionable time in a young horses life, they are mold-able. He is curious of the kingdom he left, if any, and what it was he was doing out here.

Hey there His voice is deep, speaking when he is a few paces away. His head dips in a greeting and he comes to a halt My name is Arthas, King of Loess, what are you out in the forest for? Arthas inquires, his head turns to gaze the horizon. It was rather peaceful to be wandering in the woods, and perhaps that is all this colt was attempting to do. 

He cocks his hind leg to relax as he converses with the palomino. It was odd because for the first time speaking with a stranger he did not feel on edge. Perhaps it was because the colt was younger, and he would be able to hold his own against him with no issues. But at the same time it was nice to be able to converse with a young mind, was he still naive? Did he still hold his innocence, looking to get stronger? Perhaps wanting to be apart of something bigger. He was so young, his story was still unwritten, it lured Arthas in, he wanted to be able to help mold the colt into a fine stallion.

@[Wolfbane]

Wolfbane

Trust me, Wolfbane is much more interested in the fact that someone does indeed approach him rather than him having to seek out his own company. In his naivety, he doesn’t immediately see through the guise of Arthas’ unexpected kindness, he only sees what’s right in front of him: A stallion, grown and marked by life’s adventures, and not just any old world-wise stallion either … a King.

It’s not his first time meeting one. Warrick was once as close to his father Longclaw as one could hope to be to a royal, but somehow this seems different. Perhaps the novelty of Warrick’s title wore off after seeing him being so normal all the time, and this ‘Arthas’ certainly acts different. He wants to know why Bane is here, but won’t hold the young Tephran’s gaze for too long. (“This is my chance,” The boy thinks, “I can’t bore him with my daddy issues.”)

“I’m looking for … a new life.” The striped youngling replies, boldly. “You say you’re the King of Loess, the hilly kingdom, right? Can you prove it?” Wolfbane wants to know.

@[Arthas]
    Arthas

The young colt gazes at Arthas, almost lost in his thoughts. Arthas only grew more curious what was he thinking? He had a faint scent of another kingdom on him, but he seemed eager to speak with Arthas. Eager to explore the rest of beqanna just because you are born into a specific kingdom does not mean your personality best suits it. This colt was nearing a mature age, he was really starting to find himself and get a personality of his own. If there was any a time to leave, now was that time.

I'm looking for a new life the words pass the palominos lips, and a smile jerks at Arthas' lips. Just what he was hoping to hear, although the next sentence out of the colts mouth was not expected. You say you're the King, can you prove it? A small huff of laughter escapes It is always exciting to find your own path in life isn't it? He has newly departed his kingdom because he does not smell like a nomad, another kingdoms scent clenches onto his gold pelt. What would you like me to do to prove it to you? I can bring you back to Loess, I can show you the other kingdom members, they will agree that I am the king.

Arthas did not have a magical power that only rulers had, in fact he had no magical powers. It did not anger him, it only made him interested in the thoughts that linger in his brain. What was he expecting of Arthas? by the way, whats your name kid? His eye cocks, did he purposely retain his name? Keeping his identity hidden a little while longer.

@[Wolfbane]

Wolfbane

If it meant that he would run into kings and the like, then yes, Arthas was correct in saying that finding one’s own path was exciting. Wolfbane liked that word, and truth be told, he liked this ‘Arthas’ fellow, real King or not. 

Most haughty, worthless beings who claimed such a title and then found that same title challenged would feel threatened, forced to respond in turn with anger or retaliation … but the sooty gray turns it into an invitation, which, kudos to him, works almost too well.

“Oh that sounds like good enough proof to me, for sure.” Bane quips rather quickly, more than eager now to get the show on the road. Forget formalities, (And he so obviously had forgotten them) Loess was waiting - and with it, the promise of a new chapter in his life. There’s also an added bonus in their choice of destination: Just north lies a kingdom that houses a certain, memorable character from his childhood. (“She’d be shocked by a visit.” He thinks fondly.)

“My name is Wolfbane, sir. I was born in Tephra - but don’t worry, up until this point I was too young to be of much use around there.” He shrugs, an expectant grin brightening the earlier look of hesitation, “Hopefully that’ll change, if Loess is really where you ‘hang your crown’.” The boy jokes, stepping aside to allow Arthas the lead.

@[Arthas] Want to continue this thread in Loess? Big Grin