• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M]
    ...more. More. She liked -
    - want her.
    - kiss her.
    - definitely more.

Okay. More sounded good, more of this tingling, shivering, shuddering, quaking feeling that was almost scary, it was so new and strong and intense and mmm...Kali felt something waking up inside her, something stirring that she’d never even guessed existed. Deep in the pit of her belly, and heating all through her, and singing beneath her skin, rolling in like a storm across the sea to settle inside her and light up her veins with electricity. Every shaky, breathy thought that echoed in her head with his voice, every noise he made only fed the feeling.

Khari groaned, and the sound made her ache, made her squirm, made her breath catch and her eyelids go heavy. His lips touched the top of her nose, the way he’d done a thousand times, but different now. Familiar, but more. Still, it settled something nervous and anxious in her chest, eased the frantic racing of her heart to something just a little safer. Because how could she be anything but safe with her Khari?

He kissed the corner of her mouth, and she nuzzled the side of his face, her lips falling open as she breathed in a soft gasp. And then his lips brushed against hers, softer than the down of his wings tracing across her skin. Her eyes went wide, and she followed as he started to pull away. But then his lips were on hers again, and this time she kissed him back, hesitantly following his lead. Oh, it felt good, and she moved beneath him, reaching for him even as he pulled away to look down at her.

Kali…

Khari. She met his eyes again, holding his gaze even as she squirmed restlessly beneath him, shifting her hips, arching her back. For the first time in her life, the rhythm of the waves and the flow of the water only unsettled her. The motion did nothing to ease the ache, or the tingling of her skin, the way it itched, almost. I like the way that feels. A lot, I think.

He’d never touched her like this before, even though they’d played out on the ocean before, even though they’d played chase, and tackled each other just like today. She reached up to touch her lips to his, a feather-light kiss more tentative than his own, and she asked him without words, though she didn’t know what she was asking for. A reason, or an explanation of what was going on inside her, or maybe just another kiss. Maybe even like they way he’d done on her neck, the kind that made her shudder and gasp and moan. She’d definitely liked that part. Why hadn’t he done that before? Khari?
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl
    let my eyes be the rhythm, let my mind be your freedom

Okay.

She agreed more sounded good, and his heart thrilled. He couldn't seem to calm his racing pulse, or even want to, or the bright and eager hunger lighting in his eyes. Every move she made only made it worse, tugged that ravenous gaze down to watch her. Each squirm and wiggle under him, each breathless gasp that echoed across his own lips, it all sent him further and further away from right, and wrong, and Dad, and everything. There was only her, out here, in the middle of the sea. Only her, and him.

And she wanted more.

His groan made her push against him again, and he gasped at that too. So right. It was so right. Not wrong at all. He kissed the corner of her mouth, testing, watching to be sure this was okay with her, and she nuzzled his face with another soft gasp. His eyes closed briefly, loving that sound far too much, desire rising, then he brushed his lips against hers. Her eyes widened and she tried to follow when he started to pull away, but damn, he really couldn't. He wanted more than just that already, and he kissed her again. And she kissed back. Hesitant, but it was enough to send his thoughts reeling and drag another groan from him.

Kali...

Khari,
    she said back, meeting his eyes with another restless arch of her back and shift of her body. Oh, god. His body ached to answer hers, to press against her more and bear down on her. Every muscle in his body felt taut and constricted, holding himself back. Still had some control. I like the way that feels. A lot, I think, she told him. It made him want to please her more. It was okay if it was for her, and not him, right? She was aching, and he was helping. Making her feel better.

He could hear her confusion. How they'd always played before but not like this. She reached for him, her lips barely meeting his. Didn't know what she was asking for. A reason, an answer, an explanation. Why was it different now, why hadn't they done this before. Or maybe another kiss. Maybe like the ones he buried into her neck. Yeah, he could do that. She had definitely liked that. He did too.

Khari?

But he didn't answer in words or thoughts this time, taking her mouth with his again. So perfect. Felt so good. And again. He leaned his body into her more, hard muscles against her soft skin and young curves, and slid his kisses to her jaw then her throat. They deepened, and he played with teeth and tongue and little pinches that sparked her nerves. He wanted to please her, to leave her so wanting for him that she wakes in the night to beg for him to take her, to satisfy this deep ache in her only he could reach. He moaned at that image, holding her tighter so she could feel as much of him as he could press against her, his skin burning.

Secret, he breathed to her mind as he continued his kissing and biting and tasting, so perfectly lost in her thoughts and wrapped around her. We're a secret. They wouldn't understand. He was certain that he was doing wrong, doing too much. But her body crushed to his was everything. They were so far away. Nobody would find out anyway as long as they didn't tell. They could do it again. Every time she came to ask him to take her to the river, they could kiss again. And touch, and explore, and be. You can keep us secret, can't you? If you want this. If you want more. He gave her another pinch, just a little harder, with a soft moan, hoping to hear a breathless gasp of Yes.

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy
    Khari kissed her more, pressing against her and kissing his way down her throat and making that aching feeling a whole lot better and worse at the same time. She whimpered, and the soft, needy sound was new too, one he seemed to like a whole lot. Holding her tighter, nipping and pinching and kissing and making her body burn. She was right there with him, caught up in the fire and held safe and sound by the water all around them.

Until.

Secret. Her brow wrinkled even as she arched into his touch, and a nervous little flutter in her belly distracted her from how good he felt. We’re a secret. They wouldn’t understand. You can keep us a secret, can’t you? If you want this. If you want more. So hard to think, when he was touching her, when his lips were on her skin, when he was biting down and making that sound, the one that sent a lovely shudder through her and chased the thoughts right out of her head ‘til all that existed was him and her and this moment.

So why did Daddy’s voice pop up when he asked that, when her Khari asked her to keep them secret? His face flashed in her head, a grumpy scowl and a snort and a whooshing sound that was a flick of his shiny tail as they walked home from one of their ventures. An offhand comment, the way he did sometimes, half thinking out loud and talking to himself, half telling her things she didn’t really understand but she always listened anyhow.

(Boys are dumb, Kali. We just are, especially when we’re teenagers. Too busy thinking with our dicks to stop and think if what we want to do is what we should do. How we might get hurt. How someone else might get hurt. Somebody ever tries to make you their dirty little secret like that, you tell ‘em to fuck straight off, you got it? You’re worth more than sneaking around and hiding and lying, and anybody who can’t see that isn’t anybody who deserves you.)

That nervous flutter in her belly grew, and her stomach clenched and her chest tightened. Secret? she asked, caught between listening to that little not-right feeling and pushing it away so she could kiss her Khari again. What kind of secret? Some secrets were fun. Playful and tricky and happy, the kind that made everybody feel good, and this felt so good. Or the kind between friends, whispers in the dark that made both people feel closer, made them feel safe and trusted and loved just a little more. They weren’t all the kind that made Daddy grumpy and rambly and stompy, maybe this was a good secret. I like some secrets. Is this a good kind? How could it be a bad kind when all she wanted was more?
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Secret. You can keep us secret, can't you?
    But it wasn't a breathless Yes that answered him.

Father's voice, muffled by memory. He flinched violently, tensed, his heart suddenly thundering in wild, frantic fear. Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod. But Dad wasn't here. Just a memory playing across her thoughts. He listened hard, desperately trying to grasp what she was thinking, what she was remembering. What had Father told her? Why was she thinking it now?

...make you their dirty little secret... tell 'em to fuck straight off... worth more than sneaking around... isn't anybody who deserves you.

He blanched and jerked back, staring down at her and searching her face. Did she already hate him for this? Oh, god, she hadn't really wanted this. She didn't understand that it was wrong. But so right. No, wrong. Fuck. Secret? she asked, reaching to kiss him again. It almost soothed him, almost reassured him. His eyes closed and he kissed her back, urgent and needing. It might be the last time that he got to. His chest tightened painfully.

What kind of secret? Some were fun, playful, happy. Or made them feel closer, and safe. Trusted. Maybe it was a good secret. I like some secrets. Is this a good kind? How could it be bad when she wanted more? He did too. He wanted so much more, wanted to show her so much more. He groaned anxiously, already worried that he'd fucked up. That he'd lost her, or she didn't want this. Or that she did, and they would, and she'd hate him for it when she learned. Or Dad would find out and hate him too, separate him so he couldn't even see her anymore. He'd take Kylin away too. He wouldn't trust him anymore, wouldn't love him. Kali didn't really want him, she didn't understand.

His head was spinning, but he locked onto Dad's words to her. "No, Kali, it isn't like that." It was exactly like that. A dirty little secret, lying and hiding and sneaking around. They would have to, Dad would never be okay with this. He groaned again. He was an adult, could breed with whoever the hell he wanted if he chose to. Just not her, not Kylin. And she was a teen, she should be old enough to choose for herself too, right? But not him. He rolled away from her and stood, turning away. Towards home. He was stiff, and aching in a different way now, his chest ravaged hollow and legs threatening to tremble.

Come on, Kali. I fucked up, I'm sorry. We should take you back.
    I should leave. I should stay away. Maybe I shouldn't come back.

Khari pulled away, and the look in his eyes made that nervous fluttering get worse. Something was wrong, maybe. Kali went still, watching him with wide eyes, while he fought with himself. He kissed her back, and she started to relax again, pushing away that tiny little moment of doubt and just letting herself enjoy the moment, his touch, his kiss. A good secret, then, it must be. She could keep a good secret, for sure, especially one between the two of them. She was about to tell him so, too, when he spoke out loud.

“No, Kali, it isn’t like that.”

Oh. Ohhh. Just like that, the tight, anxious feeling was back, chasing away the good feelings and making her stomach clench and her chest ache in a much less fun way. Khari pulled away from her, rolled off her, not even looking at her. Oh. O-...okay, Khari. She curled in on herself, looking up at him and biting her lip - a lip that still tingled from touching his, from pressing against him, from - but maybe she shouldn’t think about that? If it was a bad kind of secret, maybe she shouldn’t think about it.

She got to her feet, taking hesitant little steps toward him, her head ducked and her shoulders hunched. She’d ruined their fun, maybe. Come on, Kali. I fucked up, I’m sorry. We should take you back. She nodded and fell in beside him, casting a sidelong glance up at him as she caught up.

It’s okay. Maybe...maybe we can go on a regular adventure tomorrow. She wanted to reach out and bump her nose against his chin, show him it really was okay, that everything was fine and he didn’t have to worry. But her body was still all hot and tingly and confused, and probably touching him was a bad idea, at least just then. If...if you want, I mean. For now, maybe going home was a good idea. She didn’t really want to go to the river anymore anyhow.
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Oh. O-...okay, Khari.
    Fuck.
    He didn't want it this way, didn't want it to end. Her thoughts weren't helping, and he stopped and closed his eyes. Her lips tingling from his, from their kissing. He wanted more. Maybe she really did too. He glanced sideways at her, her head low and shoulders hunched. She thought she did something wrong, that she messed this up. It hurt like hell that she'd ever blame herself for his fuck up, and he turned to face her.

”Oh, Kali,” he sighed softly, pulling her into his chest for a hug and wrapping his wings around her. His lips played at her hair again like he loved to do. This isn't you, baby, I messed up. He pulled back a little, using the wrist of his wing to gently lift her face to him and look in her eyes. You. Are perfect. Completely and absolutely perfect. I fucked up. If today went wrong, it’s my fault. Because some of it really didn’t feel wrong at all. Even the parts that should. They felt right, even, and he wanted to go back and pretend he never messed it up for them. Pretend he’d ignored Father’s voice breaking into their moment together.

...maybe we can go on a regular adventure tomorrow. Her thoughts were still where his were though, still reveling in how they’d felt together, pressed so close. Panting together, hearts racing. He wanted that again, wanted more. He shouldn’t have done it maybe, but he definitely still wanted more. But she didn’t really understand it, what they were doing. That it wasn’t normal or right for everyone. That Father would hate him if they continued. If...if you want, I mean.

He was still holding her chin up and his gaze slid down to her lips. I want you, he admitted softly, lowering to kiss her again, slow and tender. Maybe it was one last time, that was all. Damn, but she felt so goddamned good. He didn’t think he could ever stop wanting more now. He groaned. Sorry... I can't help it. You're so incredible. Should he explain it? Would she choose him? Probably not. Maybe she should have that choice though? He wished he knew. It was going to hurt so bad to hear her reject him.

I'm sorry I'm so back and forth right now, he apologized, stroking her cheek with downy feathers and staring in her eyes. He hoped she could see how badly he wanted her, how much he'd wanted to keep going. Make her shudder under his touch, and moan into his kisses. This is so hard for me. I think it has to be your choice if it's a good or bad secret. You would never be a bad secret to me. But it does have to be secret. Father would hate me. He should say more, should elaborate and explain it all, but how could he and still have any chance that she would still want this? He'd risk Father's hate for her, though. Way out here where it was safe. If she wanted.

I can do more, he promised quietly, his mouth drifting to her throat again with sensual kisses, showing her just a little, to that place in her neck that had made her moan so gloriously only minutes before. I want to do more. Now, or later. Tell me at anytime, and we can go somewhere, where no one will be bothered, no one will interrupt, and I can show you more. As much or as little as you want. If you ever want to. But it had to be her choice. Because he was already saying yes. Definitely yes.

Yeah. Probably going home was a good idea. She could go sneak away into the jungle and curl up in one of the little caves all by herself, in the dark and the quiet. Hide away and think, because she had an awful lot to think about. She kept walking, curled in on herself and maybe a little miserable, and definitely confused. Maybe more confused than she’d ever been before.

“Oh, Kali.” His voice was so soft, and his skin was so soft as he pulled her against him, and his wings were so soft as he wrapped them around her and held her close. She snuggled up into his embrace, sighing and letting him play with her hair the way he always did, the way that made her feel safe and warm and cozy tucked away beneath the shadow of those wings.

This isn’t you, baby, I messed up. His voice in her mind was a quiet caress, soothing her unexpectedly frayed edges as she relaxed against him. He pulled back, tipped her face up with a touch of his wings, and stared into her eyes. Just the way he looked at her set her lower lip to trembling a little and her eyes to tearing up. Not her fault, he said it wasn’t her fault. She hadn’t done anything bad, hadn’t messed up whatever new thing this was, hadn’t ruined it.

He looked down at her lips again, grey eyes intense and intent as he leaned in slowly and kissed her again. I want you, he’d told her, and of course she wanted him too, wanted to cuddle with him and play with him, wanted to explore with him, anything just to spend time together. He was maybe her favorite person in the whole world, and anything she did with him was her favorite thing. But maybe it meant more than that when he said it, because that new light was in his eyes again, and those soft kisses made her heart beat faster.

You would never be a bad secret to me. She’d be his good secret then, his very best secret, and something about that thought made her sway into him, made that hot, not quite itchy feeling come back, made the touch of his feathers to her cheek light her up inside. Why did it have to be secret, if it felt so good? Why would Daddy hate him? She almost asked, but his lips were on her throat again, and her knees felt weak, and the way her body hummed made it hard to think.

What kind of more? she asked, tipping her head back and brushing her lips against the line of his jaw. Because she should know, right? If she was supposed to choose, she should know. A nervous buzzing in her ear reminded her, pushed her to ask, Why would Daddy hate you, Khari. And quieter, so quiet she almost couldn’t even hear herself think it, Would he hate me too? It sounded like a big decision, even if she didn’t understand why. Maybe she should take some time, think about it, and give him her answer later. Especially if it was something that would make Daddy mad. She didn’t want to do that.
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

She relaxed as he held her, but she looked so damn fragile when he pulled away to look in her eyes. He’d done that to her. Those tears, that not-quite tremble in her lip. All his doing. He shouldn’t have done it, shouldn’t have gotten carried away like he did. Father would kill him if he found out. But it didn’t stop him from taking one last kiss, from promising she could never be a bad secret to him. He hated that she would have to be a secret at all, but Father was clear.

That promise seemed to make her feel a little better, though, and she leaned into him. Her sun-bathed skin felt so good, the soft gray pressing against his lavender. His heart was already racing again, and watching his gentle caress to her cheek ignite something in her eyes made it hammer even harder. Damn, and she must have felt it too, crushed so perfectly together this way. And maybe he got a little carried away again, maybe he just couldn’t help it, and his lips found her throat again. He wanted to taste her, needed to hear and see and feel his touch push her back into that incredible place that made her squirm beneath him.

What kind of more, she asked, her lips brushing his jaw. His eyes closed with a breathy sigh, and his body ached for more, to keep going. But his head fell a little at her next words, drifting to rest lightly against her forehead. For comfort, he needed the comfort. Why would Daddy hate you, Khari? And softer, Would he hate me too?

He didn’t say anything for a long while. Could only just stand there and breathe her in, feel her face against his and the warmth of her body. Father definitely wouldn’t be happy, but he could never hate Kali. It was Kharon that would get the blame, and rightly so. He’d told him not to do this kind of thing and he’d done it anyway. This was all his fault.

Maybe something in him was broken. Maybe there was too much of his grandfather. But even Umbra, with her sexy smooth body and glorious wings, couldn’t entice him away. They’d toyed with each other, had a great deal of fun stirring their blood for each other and earning gasps of pleasure and delightful moans. But in the end, he still hadn’t wanted her. Not really. Flirty friends rather than lovers.

He could never hate you, he said quietly. He shouldn’t have dragged her into this, his problems or whatever it was. He should learn how to control it better, or something. There was a sad sort of smile on his face when he finally pulled back again, brushing a sweet kiss to her forehead. Don’t worry about it. I shouldn’t have played with you that way. I’ll try not to do it again. Dad won’t have any reason to be upset. He shifted to stand at her side and covered her with his wing as he always did, teasing at her hair one more time before leading them forward again.

Will you come out with me again tomorrow? We can go all the way to the river this time... Out here, alone with her where no one could find them, was far too tempting. Where she could moan and cry out for him all she wanted and not a soul would be bothered by it. Maybe it was better to be somewhere else instead. Somewhere away from the lick of the sea against their skin. Away from urging rock of the ocean.

Khari was quiet for a long time, and the longer the silence stretched, the more nervous Kali got. But his face was warm and smooth pressed against hers, the lavender of their hair tangling together so the only way she could tell which was his and which was hers was by the length. Hers wasn’t as long or as flowy as his yet, though maybe one day it would be. Maybe one day if they stood like this, she wouldn’t be able to tell at all.

He could never hate you, Khari whispered in her mind, easing the knot in her belly as he pulled away. His eyes were sad as he looked down at her, just a little, but he brushed a kiss to her forehead the way he’d done a thousand times.

She sighed, and her eyes drifted closed as he told her not to worry about it, as he tucked her under his wing and guided her toward home, ruffling her hair again just like always. She didn’t know how she felt about the rest, about them not playing that way again, but her Khari said not to worry about it. That it would be okay. So she walked along beside him just like always, and with every step the tight feeling in her chest eased a little more.

Will you come out with me again tomorrow? We can go all the way to the river this time…

She smiled up at him, bumping the top of her nose against his chin. Sure, Khari. But maybe we could go somewhere new instead. I’ve been to the river a hundred times. Maybe we could try the other side of Taiga? There’s another river over there, and we do some exploring. Maybe find another favorite place. It was, after all, never especially hard for Kali to find a favorite place. Just about everywhere she went was beautiful for one reason or another. Just like all the people she met, beautiful in different ways. That could be fun, don’t you think?
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl