• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Reaper ; Any
    His eyes burned , and his ears flicked at her words. She was following him, for a story? His reply was short, gutteral.

"There is no story to tell you Goose."

As much distaste he held for the mare he was being honest. He felt as though there was no story he had woven for himself.

His story spoke of travel, and waste. Though now it burned with bright flecks of ember and volcanic rock. The rock that was encrusted in his hooves. Burning him internally at the thought.

"But what is your story?"
    [Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]
    I've heard newborn babies wailing like a mourning dove, and old men with broken teeth stranded without love...

The scarlet mare cocked her head at him skeptically. Everyone had a story to tell, or else how would you be where you are. His eyes and his aura gave him away. He was hiding something. She shook her head, she couldn't believe anyone would be ashamed of who they were. The mare had no couth, and it didn't try to hide much of anything. She was hella bad at it anyways. She looked off to the distance and inhaled deeply, closing her eyes as she spoke wistfully.

"Oh Stands-Like-A-Stone, you are a terrible liar. Nevertheless, my story is a long one, but beautifully woven. I've been everything and nothing in this world. I have been places where I was held up high like a Queen, and places where I wore a crown of shit. I've lived all over, and experienced things you couldn't imagine. I spin stories and spells. I've brung new life into the world, and I've been the one to usher in death. I've been with Kings and crooks, and they think I've loved only them, but I've loved them all. Male, female, everything in between, it doesn't matter much to me. We are all the same spirit. You need to expand your mind, let your conscience be free.

...Do I understand your question, man? Is it hopeless and forlorn? "Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    He looked skeptically upon the scarlet mare. Forest eyes hard with  nothing but clouds. Her words hit him hard, her 'story' she boasted upon so highly. He dropped his head to her level, bumping her nose slightly. 

"I dont believe you Goose. I believe that you travel, and are held upon high. But I dont believe that you are happy."

Krigares eyes searched hers. He seemed to sense a possible hurt in everyone, because everyone hurts at some point in there life.

"Unlike you Goose, my story is woven with thorns, and my crown is made of stone. Its heavy and hard to wear."

His heart ached to tell her it all, though his soul burned with secrets he refused to tell.

"Take your rainbows, and your flowers, and be happy with someone who can make you happy in return."
    I'm living in a foreign country, bound to cross the line. Beauty walks a razor's edge, and someday I'll make it mine...

As his heavy but soft nose bumped hers, she exchanged breath with him, wuffling softly. She can feel the hardness in him, and it is familiar to her. The one thing she's learned in her homelessness is most men are stubborn and prefer to pretend they have no emotions. His next words betray him though, is there a crack in the Stone? A yearning?

"I am happy in the sense that I love my life, and I have no regrets. I feel sorrow about things, but never regret. It's not in my nature. I have lost dear friends and family, but such is the way of the Earth-Mother. An old man dies, a young girl lives. The universe requires balance, and she takes it how she sees fit. Why do you feel like your crown is heavier than the next man's? What have you done to earn yourself such a burden to bear?"

His next statement gives her a chuckle, and she doesn't pretend to hide it. Her eyes wrinkle at the corners as she smiles widely.

"There are storms here too, not just sunshine and rainbows. Regardless, I don't rely on anyone for my happiness except myself. No amount of lovers and friends can make me happy if I don't love who I am. I can't depend on anyone to make me happy no more than I can depend on a silly butterfly to know my name. I love the butterfly, but he is forgetful, wishy-washy." Her train of thought abruptly derails, but she brings it back gracefully."What makes you happy?" 

...If I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were born, "Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."
    His head drummed with the words that begged to answer her questions. What had made him like this? That he did not know. 

"You ask far too many questions goose."

Krigare whispered, backing away from the crimson mare slowly. He did not wish to leave now, he had been reeled in by this strange mare. Intrigued he was! 

"New places make me happy."

This was true, being in places where no one knew whom he was, and he knew nothing of them, made him happy. As he stood here in front of 'goose' he questioned this motive deeply. Why was it that he couldnt just be happy where he was? 

How had this mare found such peace with her life?
    I have other things to fill my time, you take what is yours and I'll take mine...

Jah-Lilah cocked her dainty head and looked at him, brows furrowed in confusion. She had never known the fear of opening up, of speaking her heart. She was raised in a large harem where there were few secrets, and even less privacy. She wouldn't force him to reveal himself, at least not now while she had so little magick in her. She shrugged her shoulders and shook herself all over again.

"I ask the questions I want to know, no more, no less. I don't always get the answers I expect, but I take what is given." She watches him inch reluctantly backwards, fighting the pull of the current of her aura. Amusement dances behind her evergreen eyes as she steps towards him, sniffing his shoulder. "So then be a wanderer. Always see something new. Nothing can be kept that doesn't want to be kept." She teases him, nipping at his shoulder. If she made contact, it was only a light bite, no ill intentions behind it.

...Now let me at the truth that will refresh my open mind.
    "What my heart wants, and what I know is good are two different things."

He whispered, for he assumed they were close enough now. For the crimson mare had stepped forward , her teeth connecting lightly with his shoulder. He nipped lightly at her forelock in turn. He didnt dare move, for she had showed him that she would just move with him like water.

"I suppose if that is what you do then I shall answer your questions now Goose."

He watched her as he spoke, head dropping to be level with her. His mane was still wet and plastered to his forehead, much like the tail that dragged behind him. Covered in sand and leaves.
    I will hold on hope, and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck...

Her eyes light up like a kid's on Christmas morning when he reluctantly agrees to tell her his story. She pops her head up suddenly, exclaiming, "Wait!" She bounds of into the forest, finding a small, open glen and stomping it flat with her hooves. She moves leaves and tall grass around, and makes herself a bit of a nest. She hunkers down into it, as the daylight fades fast. She beckons him to join her in the woods, for night is coming and she is tired. She motions with her head for him to be across from her. She's also put down some pine needles and rhubarb leaves for him, in case he would like to be still. "Alright," she declares, "I'm ready."

...and I'll find strength in pain, I will change my ways, I'll know my name as it's called again.

OOC: Maybe continue in the forest then babes?
    OOC: there shall be a post waiting for you~<3