• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost among the wolves; reag'n

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

In almost an instant, the young girl has made me whole.

I can feel the silver tendrils of immaculate intervention, of magic, or love and fear fill me. I hear the girl-child say to show her what I can do but I fail when I lose my breath and black out in a gasp.

i can hear them again

My silver eyes blink and squint against the familiar moon glow. I move on legs that are not there, I am weightless. The mercury that fills my vision rotates to see that I am not alone. The girl, in all her pretty perfection, stands beside me as I right myself before her in a flicker of silver mist. For the first in a year or more, an effortless smile glides over my lips as I settle myself, take form before her till the tips of my hooves are flat upon the ground.

All around us are horses for ages old. Some are mingling contentedly whilst others lay beneath the light of the moon. Others graze (though the dead do not need it).

Here they are at peace.
    Here the horrors of the undead souls at the beach can not reach us.

I turn to smile at Reag'n, inviting all questions she may have.

"Welcome to the Afterlife."

graveside

-Raeg'n-
    The woman appeared to faint, collapsing on the ground with a gasp. Before Raeg'n could attempt to assist, she was rising again as a specter. Transparent and smiling, the woman faced her, materializing before her until she is fully visible. With wide eyes, Raeg'n stared, processing everything she was seeing.

"Welcome to the Afterlife," she told her.

Raeg'n looked around, but she couldn't see what the woman saw. She couldn't see the dead, talk to them. The power she controlled was extraordinary. Unique. Exceptional. Her eyes returned to the woman, the ghost, slightly widened in awe.

I never caught your name, she said dumbly, still working to make sense of everything. I'm Raeg'n.

She glanced around again, wishing she could see all the knowledge of the past that this other could see. Briefly, she wondered if it were possible that she had dead relatives. But of course it wasn't. She had been born, but also created. Creations didn't have families.. Did they?

So she shared the theory her child's lonely heart had fabricated, which had quickly taken form into the absolute truth that kept her going through her hardest times.

My mother was an Angel. She had to return to the heavens to continue her work after giving me life, after the Reckoning tore apart the earth. She left me here for a purpose. Her voice was dull and soft, and drew quieter as she continued, meeting the woman's gaze. Her amber eyes began to moisten, slowly welling with unshed tears, finally showing a weakness in her armor.

Can you speak to Angels? Can you hear my mother?
    She had become so strong, so fierce despite her young age. It seemed deep down, she was still just a little girl that missed her momma.

Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC