• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as residents among the trees. [Ruan/ALL MANDATORY]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    The time had come; the fairies had given their troth to Demian and Romek, and yet the two great stallions—for all the power they possessed—had not been able to keep the forest alight with life and love and laughter. Indeed, it had been Ruan and Reagan, and their kin, who had kept the embers aglow, and it was now as the grey mare made her entrance into the grotto—the clearing where gathered near the heart of the forest—that she addresses them all now, silently calling out with her heart to Ruan, her lover, and her daughters.

“Romek has vanished; where the tiger has gone, it is not certain, but I wish him well in his endeavors and will gladly take him back into the fold should he ever choose to make his home back here with us among the trees. It is my only hope, Maribel, that you should choose to continue living with us—I fear that I would miss you too much to let you and your daughters go so easily.”

She took a breath then, searching the small band—she is not sure how many are left, or even if they will rally behind her—for signs of her family. Then she speaks again. “Demian also has become a ghost among the mysts, but for the time being, his influence here will stand. We can only hope that he makes an appearance before the season is over, lest he too shall lose to the influence of the trees in this forest.”

Ruan and I are, with Romek’s last parting gift, stepping up as caretakers of the forest, and of you, any of whom are left. If you are here, and wish to continue living here as such, please make your decision known, so that we can know how best to proceed with living here in the Taiga.”

OOC: Essentially, Reagan and Ruan are taking over, simply because they are more active and we don’t wish to see this place fall inactive or silent. If you guys want to stay, cool. We want to promote activity, and we want recruits. I’m not sure how different the ranks will be—probably not at all different—but I wanted to get a quick post up before I took my kids to school.
    Ruan
    She'd called in her way, a sudden sense of knowing just where you wanted to be. Others had already begun to gather around her as he entered. They were not many, but then he'd always preferred quality over quantity. The ones that were left, choosing to stay among the Taiga's forest, were good souls. All worth caring for, just as much as the two daughters that trailed him.

Heda, a vibrant mix of day and night, was their newest addition, full of energy and curiosity. Jinju had already grown with the forest, explored its depths and had come to know some of its people. She tended to stay closest to his side, and was neatly tucked beneath an umbrella of white feathers. His borrowed wings were arched and bowed out for them both, an offer of shelter, if they wished it, from curious gazes until they were comfortable enough to stand on their own.

As a unit, they rounded Reagan's back. He carefully retracted his limbs, tucking the girls behind their mother instead, then joined her at her side. She announced their new roles of caretakers of the forest, and he silently touched her neck in love and approval. It was the exact way he saw things as well. Not royalty, or grand rulers. Only the caretakers charged with keeping the forest and those within, maintaining the natural balance and the peace.

He said nothing. He didn't have to. By logic alone, it was clear he was her other, Ruan. He was the quiet steadiness, the solid support. His power was deep and subtle, the complement to hers. Together, they would tend to them, protect them. And so he held his silence as she drew to an end, meeting the eyes of each one present, and waited patiently to see who remained in their care.

Jinju
    Curiosity glitters in her ruby eyes as they near the little clearing where others had already started to gather. Mother had called out to all of them, but the gray magician’s heart is only known by her family. But it was yet unknown to the ink black girl why it was her mother that had gathered them. Still unaware of the change that had made her parents the new rules of the land, or caretakers of the forest, as Reagan would call it.

Even though she was almost a year old, Jinju still sought comfort tightly pressed against Ruan’s side. Yet, she no longer hid completely – she wouldn’t fit underneath his wings completely anymore either – and instead dared to curiously, yet shyly, look around to study the others gathered. It was not the only reason why the black filly sought his comfort. Winter had come again, this time she had gotten a thicker coat, but not enough to block out the cold completely. With her fire still not back, and when she would get it back it would be summer again, and Reagan temporary stripped of her magic by the fairy, there was no magic that could keep her shivering body warm. Her father’s wings offered her a temporary solution to her little problem.

A bit hesitant, not really comfortable with whoever might be watching, she walks up to her mother. Pressed up against her flank, she silently greets the gray mare by brushing her muzzle lightly across Reagan’s shoulder. ”Hi mom.” It is only then that Jinju backs away again, to snuggle up against Heda’s side. She felt more secure due to the close contact, and it also helped her to stay at least a little warm, as the snow covered the ground completely.

EDIT:
    I see that Jinju is under the 1 star mares. Romek promoted her to the second one, but she was still a foal back then. Does that one still count?
    She followed the hoofprints to a small clearing, to hear the end of it all.

Purge my weakness and unsex me, lest I lose my courage..

She saw them all appear, before her, and gasped. She shook with nerves. Silly, feminine nerves she hated but could not remove. They were her defense. Her disguise.

Do not let my courage loosen from my sticking place, Fates..

"Hello.. I hope I'm not intruding." She says, stepping from the shadows to present herself. Her scarred, welted face; the pink, raised lines forever disfiguring her once-elegantly shaped head.

Do not let me fail this quest for survival, nor grow weak and cry.. dfc