• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Ruan

we’re on each other’s team…
    Reagan’s magic had deteriorated, and yet the bottled magic from before the fairies’ own pride had stripped both Jinju and Reagan of their abilities remained in this tiny flame that continued to swirl around Jinju’s body. She was practicing, and getting strong with the ability to control the flames, and keep herself from being burnt. There was one big difference this time around—

Iasan was with them.

The little boy fluffed his tail up, and pressed close to his mother, his black spotted hide watching his big fire-sister with wonder. He bounced up and down, looking on with pride and glee, wondering what would happen to him when he was older; would his blood be blessed with fire or ice? Or water? His mind was deep and for some reason, he knew that he had done all that before, but he shook his fluffy little head and looked up at his mother with adoring eyes. Of course there was no way that Iasan could be aware of a past—he didn’t have one. He was two days old. “Mama. When will you teach me what fire-sister is learning? When will I play with fire like she is?”

Reagan was watching Jinju, her green eyes shining with pride that Jinju was getting in touch with her abilities that were locked up within her. Hearing the darling little voice next to her, she looked down, and nuzzled him. “My dearheart, you do not have the same abilities as Jinju. In time, you will fade from existence, and pop back again anywhere you choose to. It is a magic called invisibility. And when the fairies feel you are ready, you will receive them. All in time, my love.”

But Iasan knew something wasn’t quite right. He knew that he knew more. He knew that there was more. But he’d have to learn to be content for a little while. Reagan had gone back to looking at Jinju, and Iasan was hungry. So he fluffed his little tail again, and went underneath his moms legs for a drink.

He was after all, only two days old.