• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - any
    Jinju
    Summer, finally she had arrived. It was impossible to put into words how much Jinju had missed to feel the sun’s warmth on her skin, how it felt to bask herself in it again. It was almost like the sun didn’t only warm her skin, but also fuelled her from inside out. Different from the warmth aunt Reagan’s scar had given her and definitely not the same as the weak spring sun.

It reminded her of the ‘old’ times, of the different Beqanna, but Jinju no longer longed for it. The worry for Lexa stayed, just as her love – because which child didn’t love its mother? – but she had both Reagan and Ruan now. The Taiga had become her home and the inky black girl ad fully accepted it.

Too soon for her liking the autumn had started to make its approach. Summer wasn’t over yet, but she could feel the shift. Pushing those thoughts away she closes her eyes, tilting her head towards the sun as she carefully steps into the small clearing. The tall tries blocked most of the direct sunlight, but here she could bask herself in it. Jinju would, as long as she could, enjoy the summer the fullest.
    Maribel

Tiaga seemed to thrive and grow every day whether it be of nomads and refugees of the coupling of it's residents to bring life into this new Beqanna. Maribel is not unlike them all. Each brought their own special life force and unique abilities to this home of their selflessly.

Now before the blue of her eyes stands a small black fully. The white and gold mare smiles gently for a moment in her study of the little one before engaging the length of her limbs to bring her closer. Mari is carefuly not the crowd the girl but the presence of such youth made her smile even more. "Hello there, child, I'm Maribel. I hope you are not lost." The words are soft and velvety as Mari does not want to voice her concern but the does take a moment to look for a mother or father. The gaze returns to the filly with compassion brimming in her eyes as she cannot help but feel her heart beat in her chest.

(She had such a soft spot for children.)

"Welcome to Taiga." Maribel offers the gentle greeting before falling quiet and looking slightly downward to the dark child with keen interest.

And when she laughs you'll always take notice.
    'Cause her heart's charm will shine right through it all.
    Jinju
    Hearing the soft sound of someone approach, her ear tilts in the direction it comes from. Uncle Ruan would’ve been proud, or maybe a little, as she fails to move to a more secluded area. Suddenly she wishes for either him or aunt Reagan to be near. Due to the sudden panic, she just stands there in the clearing awkwardly and shyly, as Maribel makes her approach.

That is also how she glances up at the golden and white mare, ruby eyes reflecting some of the sunlight she still bashed herself in. As soon as the question leaves the pretty mare’s lips, Jinju is shaking her head. ”I’m not..” she replies softly, pausing while glancing away. ”I'm Jinju..”

Yet what follows next pulls a small smile from the inky girl’s lips. Her ruby eyes twinkle and carefully she takes a step forward, before looking around the little clearing and then looking up to the sun. ”Taiga is home and will always be home, here does my family live.” Her choice of words is somewhat strange and awkward – just as she is herself – but who could blame her? Since aunt Reagan had found her, it was her first time meeting an adult without either Ruan or Reagan nearby.
    Maribel

Now it must be Maribel who feels embarassed. Had she not ever noticed the pretty little filly? Shame on her. With the fall of pale lashes, Maribel swallows the quiet shame. "I beg your pardon, Jinju." Though the dark girl is but a child, Maribel excuses her folly as though she is an adult. Blue eyes return to meet the red of Jinju's with appogetic softness. "Well I am glad to have bumped into you." A small laugh moves from between the gold lips.

The azure depths look around the youth as she expects ro see another approaching, a familliar face but there are none and it crosses Mari's features. She looks back to obsidian filly questioningly. "Do you need help finding your family or are you just out for a stroll?" She voices a bit of concern but Jinju is old enough to be out on her own so Mari does not try to pry but instead continues to keep the conversation light.

And when she laughs you'll always take notice.
    'Cause her heart's charm will shine right through it all.
    Jinju
    It wasn’t entirely like Jinju was prancing around in the Taiga without caring who might be watching, instead she kept to the shadows. From either the vegetation that grew in the land, or Reagan or Ruan’s sides. So it probably wasn’t that strange that only little people has come across her, after all, that was what Jinju tried to accomplish. Nevertheless, the excuse Mari makes does sound weird to the young girl, nor does she understand why the pretty golden mare was happy to find her. ”Why?” is the logical question that thus follows. Jinju’s head tilts a bit to the side, as she shyly looks up at the – for now – taller mare.

She doesn’t answer Maribel directly, instead she glances up at the sun, not able to hide the smile that instantly pulls on the corner of her lips. She even steps forward to place herself directly in the warm beams, too engrossed in her little joy that she doesn’t really notice that she’s standing in the middle of the clearing. ”The sun” she eventually murmurs, pausing and then shyly looking at Maribel again. ”Not lost, I’m here for the warmth..” Now standing in the direct sunlight again her eyes sparkle even more, how could she not? Fire was what she was made of.