• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone with fiery characters...
    I just love these: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kakhabad/4...hotostream

http://67.media.tumblr.com/ce03b33f785a9...o1_500.jpg
    that first one almost looks like it goes with @[Jinju]'s html hah
    those are awesome :3
    I love the second one. That first one, though, it all rights reserved/fully copyrighted (just fyi Wink).
    Couldn't you technically link to the original to avoid problems?
    No. I mean, I don't 100% know copyright law (never mind copyright law of various countries), but as someone who has art that is all rights reserved, there is an expectation (or, a fully legal reason to believe) that nobody will 'redistribute it' or use it in any way. At least not without expressed permission.

I'd certainly not be pleased one bit, doesn't matter if there is a link or not :/

The little blurb on flicker explains it like this : "You, the copyright holder, reserve all rights provided by copyright law, such as the right to make copies, distribute your work, perform your work, license, or otherwise exploit your work; no rights are waived under this license."

I mean, I feel relatively confident that a lot of the lovely photography and stuff that finds its way on tumblr without mention of where it came from and then used by us is probably (when you finally get down to the original source) copyrighted, but I think avoiding original sources like a flicker profile that claims full copyright is good practice, because in these cases, we can't claim ignorance lol.

Someone can definitely come along and prove me wrong on this, though.
    I see what you mean. I just assumed that since we aren't profiting from the images it was harmless (and possibly even free marketing) but I can see how someone coming along and finding a photo could not do their research and use it for personal gain. What a bummer. I'm sure you're right though - most of the photos we use are probably already halfway down the pipeline from their original source.

Sad