• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Intelligence is a gift you were not graced with. [nicole pony and/or any]
    Blast it. Blast it all!

The grulla filly stomped back to where she had lain moments before, frustration flashing in her little eyes. Each attempt at escape had thus far proven unsuccessful. She would have to plot yet another approach to the issue. For sure, she was getting increasingly annoyed with the flappy nuisances that forcefully surrounded her each time she reached the barrier to this place, herding her away from the invisible fence like some kind of posse of cur hounds. Fairies, they were called. Puh! Little witches with wings, more like.

What luck she must possess to waltz in here unattended while on a search for her twin sister. The both of them had just decided to give up on looking for their mother, when they too found themselves separated. Now it seemed she would no longer be seeking her sister as well. A deep sadness washed over her, and her throat tightened. Unshed tears welled at the lip of her bottom eyelid. Sensing her distress, a few fairies landed gently upon her skin, barely a feather's kiss. She grudgingly allowed them, reaping what comfort she could from their presence as she dropped herself to the ground once more.

Wallace and Dharwyn were inseparable. Til now, anyway. They did absolutely everything together, and instead of snuggling up to their mother, they had each other for comfort. Not a soul else was required for them to be happy. Now it felt like she'd never find her twin; like she'd never be happy again. She glared, determined. Well, she'd find a way out of here, and then she'd find her sister. And there was naught these flying wretches could do about it.

"You will remove yourselves from my person," she clipped, wishing her glare could burn through their dreadful little wings and keep them from barring her way out of here. They lifted themselves gracefully from her coat, hovering above her protectively. Unbidden, her depression returned at the lack of touch, even theirs. And they carefully sank back down to her.

She rolled her eyes. What rotten luck. With a sigh, she lay her muzzle down and stared at nothing in particular, wishing away her current circumstances.

OOC: super quick temporary html hehe. and tag @[Nicole]
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaravich was very busy being productive in the Dale, it helped to pass time while Phaedrus was gone. She wasn't exactly sure where he was or when he would return, but in his disappearance the herd fell silent, she reached out to the other mares but was returned with more silence. Visiting the field and forest always allowed her to see new faces and hopefully recruit new equines.

The most dreadful part of going to the field was passing the adoption den, horrible mothers dropping there foals off for someone to take care of because they didn't want to. The den had been rather quiet recently which was good, but today was different. As she passed by she could hear the whimpers of a foal, one that was probably scared to be on there own. Her heart instantly broke and she tried to push past the den but her and Phaedrus did not have a foal this season and she did love being a mother. She stood thinking over the decision but decided to go and find the crying foal.

As she entered the den she wanted to cry herself, it was so lonely and sad looking. It wasn't hard to find the foal, they called out and talked out loud so it was pretty easy to find the foal. She layed eyes on the precious grullo filly, her pelt could use a rinse in water as the color was starting to become similar to that of dirt. What is wrong young one she spoke in a gentle and kind voice, she stepped near and licked the foals neck in an attempt to clean her My name is Zara, where is your mother?

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    A voice entered her reverie of misery and she startled. Just a little bit. A mare spoke kindly to Wallace, and for but a moment Wallace imagined that it could be her mother, come to find her where foals go when they get lost. But it was not, she confirmed as she looked up at the stranger.

"What is wrong, young one", she voiced gently. It brought the filly's attention to traitorous tear-streaks marking her cheek and she quickly rubbed at them. She would not look weak to a stranger, even as a child. She bristled a little at the coddling tone in the mare; she was not her sister nor her mother, she had no right to take such a tone with her. She moved to stand and say as much, but the mare came forward and began cleaning her dirt-ridden coat.

Well, she thought grudgingly, she supposed she could use a bath. And she settled again. For the free wash, only, she assured herself.

"My name is Zara," she introduced, "Where is your mother?"
    Wallace sniffed indignantly. "Mother, indeed." she said shortly, her eyes scanning the mare before her as though to take her measure. "I have no use for such things as mothers. It is my sister I want. And it is my sister I shall find." But in order to do that, Wallace needed to be out of here (and possibly more grown) and to do that would require an adult to claim her.

She suddenly felt completely hopeless as she realized her tone had been too harsh to take with a stranger, especially one kind enough to stop and see her, even care for her grubby coat. So many had simply just walked by, busy about their business elsewhere. Wallace felt shameful and saddened, doubting even this kind-hearted soul would stay around much longer with such a prickly child for company. She was too prideful to apologize though, and simply sighed in resignation of her lonely fate and lay her head back to the ground again. Tears welled at her eyelid once again, but she refused to let them fall this time.

Wallace
    the words she knows the tune she hums

A gentle smile grew on Zaras face as the foal was spunky and wanted to prove that she was brave and did not need a provider. Although, she was quick to settle down, allowing Zara to groom her. Zara stopped grooming to gaze at the foal who stated she did not need a mother and all she needed was her sister. Was it a twin? Zara grew curious, how did this young foal remember a sister, does she remember a kingdom or the name of her mother? She was walking on ice to ask questions, one could upset the foal triggering her to tears.

As she gazed the foal appeared to lose hope and it tugged at Zaras heart You can come home with me, I don't have to be your mother her voice was gentle as she extended her neck to nuzzle the filly you can just call me Zara she smiled as she licked the few tears that she tried to hide what do you think? she nudged the foal attempting to give hope for the foal, she would take her in as her own even if the foal did not want to refer to her as mother.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

@[Wallace]

OOC: gahhh sorry this took a while! P.S. love the HTML
    She lay there, glaring at the ground and holding back her tears. She didn't care if the mare walked away, she told herself. She would just have to come up with a new escape plan from this fluttery prison, that was all.

You can come home with me, I don't have to be your mother, the mare said.

Wallace tried to subdue the sense of hope that began to seep into her, furrowing her brows in an attempt to hide it from lighting her eyes.

You can just call me Zara her voice came again. The mare lapped at her damp cheek gently. The action was so soothing to Wallace, so motherly, and her tough walls melted a little. Her body relaxed. Half of her wanted to be tough and independent, as was her nature, but the rest of her wanted nothing more to just be a little filly with a mother and throw herself against the comforting form of the graceful mare. She held these emotions in check, of course, but was visibly calmed as Zara nudged her lightly.
    What do you think, she asked as she did so.

Wallace was pleased the mare gave her the power to choose for herself, softening her metaphoric walls a little more. As independent as she was, it would've forced her into rebellion had the decision been made for her, even if it was the same choice she would have made herself. She respected Zara's perceptive nature in this, though of course she would never say so aloud.

She stood slowly, feigning as if to be considering her options though already certain of her answer. Her gaze stared at the boundary the faeries had so diligently guarded each time she had attempted to escape. It was clear she really didn't have an option, unless she remained and hoped someone else would come by. But she wanted out of here, and if she were honest with herself, she kind of liked Zara. She wasn't used to enjoying anyone but her twin Dharwyn and seemed to naturally fight against it. Still, the mare seemed able to calm her at times. Perhaps she needed that.

I accept your offer,  she said masking any emotions, turning back to Zara. Where is it we are going?

Wallace stepped to her side, pressing her nose against Zara's shoulder carefully. She liked how she smelled; fresh and green, maybe a little flowery, but also that earthy scent of the mare herself. She brushed her cheek across Zara's coat briefly, then pulled away, suddenly self-conscious of the display of affection. She wasn't the type to do these things, but she seemed to become someone else with the mare tearing down at her protective walls. Perhaps it was due to all the time she had spent without Dharwyn's or her mother's touch.

Wallace avoided her eyes, and waited for her ticket out of here. She was prepared to follow Zara anywhere rather then stay. But before they left, she glared over her shoulder at the nearest faerie and stuck her tongue out in defiance. With a last nodded harumph for emphasis she faced forward once again, her chin lifted pridefully and followed Zara closely.

Wallace

@[Zaravich] ooc: thankyouu! i couldnt decide on turquoise or yellow dialogue but i think i'll stick with yellow hehe