• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you and i both know the house is haunted; kokachin

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

There was always a sense of accomplishment that billowed in his chest whenever he got to walk away from the field with someone by his side—a twinge of pride. He had done something right. He had been able to portray the Gates the way that they deserved to be portrayed. More than that, he was able to do something for his companion. Help them to lead a better life, find purpose, or even something bigger.

So his step is light as he leads her from the field and toward the kingdom, his gold-flecked eyes bright as he points out some of his favorite parts of the path—a bright flower here, a crooked tree there. They were all landmarks that he had learned well over time; pieces of land imprinted in his heart.

But that all pales as he walks toward the Gates. He trots a few steps ahead and glances back over his shoulder, the morning light filtering through the trees to wash the land with golden hues. “Welcome to the Gates,” he finally says, his scarred mouth lifting up into his typical, crooked smile.

Waiting for her to come up to his side, he motions around the land. “She can be different for each person who comes here. Some come here to work—to join the castes and climb the ranks. Some come here simply for a home to rest. Some come here for sanctuary and protection.” He knew he echoed some of the words that he had said in the field, but he felt that it was worth repeating—this idea that she could find whatever she wanted here. “Do you have any questions? Is there anything that you would like to know?”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography

@[Kokachin]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    (ooc: swear i replied to this lmao, oh well! rewrite i guess.)

There was a spring in Kokachin's step, feeling like she was on cloud nine as she followed her new companion to her new home. She had only ever dreamed of such adventure and it seemed everything she hoped for was coming true. Lost in her thoughts she all but missed the sights and views Magnus pointed out to her. She was stuck dreaming of what the future had to offer and it wasn't till they arrived and she nearly walked right into his backside that Kokachin heard Magnus and smiled somewhat sheepishly at her clear lack of care. "So sorry."she sung quickly before perking her ears at his question towards her. immeadiatly her mind bubbled with a million thoughts that she struggled to form words that would form into questions. When she managed to wrangle some of her thoughts back into her command she decided to ask some of the logical questions. "Who's in charge here? what kind of rules are there to follow? Are you more of a community or do you all operate like a herd?" When she realized she was spewing out question after question she cut herself short and smiled shyly, which was uncommon for her usually sunny and confident disposition. "So sorry, I'm such a mess with this excitement, you only have to answer them one at a a time,I'm just so full of curiosity about this place. It's all so different from home."

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

He smiled at her enthusiasm, thrilled that she was so happy to be here.  “There’s no need to apologize,” he offered gently, ink-tipped ears perking forward. He stepped to the side to let her pass, motioning for her to come join him. Before them, the kingdom spread out in waves, alight with the sun. It was beautiful when it looked like this, and he felt his pulse slow in response to the sight of it. After all, he was home.

“I do not mind the questions! You should have questions about your home.” One corner of his mouth pulled into a crooked smile. “I will do my best to answer them all as fully and accurately as I can.”

He rolled his shoulders lightly, feeling the tension melt away from him. “Let’s see. I suppose you could say Zeik is in charge because he is King.” The sentence soured in his mouth—the buckskin stallion still upset by the latest political maneuverings that had occurred—but he did his best to keep that out of his tone. He did no want to pass along his own personal misgivings about the situation. Let her meet Zeik and determine her own opinion. “We are, however, very much a family, and there are few rules to follow.”

He glanced around toward the rest of his kingdom mates. “All we ask is that you respect your fellow kingdom mates and treat them kindly. Other than that, you are free to live to your own rules. Should you wish, you can choose to join one of our castes: the diplomats and the soldiers. You can work on climbing those ranks by becoming active within the kingdom, recruiting others here, and being a presence.”

Magnus reached over to bump his nose against her neck. “So while there are elements that make it very different from a herd, you will find that the core of it, the love and protection, may be very similar.”

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    Kokachin followed Magnus's urgings. She was gradually breaking out of the timid shell that'd developed, her true personality bursting out. She was bubbly and bright and outspoken, not quiet and reserved. As he told her that The Gates was her home, she felt a thrill run up her spine. (ooc:Whole New World going off in my head lol) Gazing out at the view before her it almost felt like her entire aura shifted and she felt at peace, everything here felt right. As Magnus continued on she noted a slight shift in his demeanor speaking of their ruler, but it faded away as quickly as a puff of smoke. He explained the inner workings of their kingdom as easily as seemed possible and she absorbed each bit of information greedily. Her icy orbs caught sight of their fellow peers and he explained the one rule that truly mattered here. "That doesn't sound too hard." she answered with a smile and laughed softly as he bumped her gently, her gaze turning back out. "Yes it all feels oddly familiar, like my entire being aligns with all that is here," she informed him grinning. "How does one decide their caste and what if they do not fit in a caste? then what?" she asked with a curious gaze.