• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to cope and burn just right, assailant
    i never wanted saving, i just wanted to be found --
    When his teeth catch the strands of her crimson mane there is an undeniable sensation that races the ridge of her spine, and for a moment the urge to press her frosted skin into the warmth of his body is so palpable she almost caves into it. It is not the first time that she wonders what it might be like to follow that incessant pull, to follow the invisible but still nearly tangible string that seems to exist between the two of them. But she is still naive in so many ways, and she is not entirely familiar with what it means to want something—or someone.

The instinct to keep him at a distance currently overrides whatever kind of desire might be trying to kindle, and having lived most of her life keeping up an act of indifference, it is not hard to maintain it. The harder that flame tries to ignite the more she ignores it, keeping it locked behind an armor of frost and simpering smiles that hint only at innocent flirtation.

“You just can’t get enough of me, can you?” comes her lilting laugh at his proposition, angling her golden head to fix him with a searching stare that contradicts her nonchalant tone. She reminds herself that she does not really know him, no matter how easy being in his company might feel. Yet for some reason the realization that he is a virtual stranger feels less like something to be cautious of and more like a dare—an invitation for discovery, to see what she can unearth, or if he will even let her.

Perhaps such a journey will sate whatever unnamed tangle of emotions sit in a knot behind her ribcage, persistent despite the way she glosses it over.

Moving to step alongside him, she turns her gaze north, piecing together what would lie beyond the darkened haze that borders this half of the forest. She assumes that Pangea will have risen in its previous location, and she has little interest in visiting it—at least, not right now. The barren, desert-like terrain is unsurprisingly not her ideal climate. “I suppose we could head north, since that seems to be where a majority of them are.” This time she does not bother to hide the way she knowingly brushes against him as she steps off, casting a glance over her shoulder to ensure that he is following.
    adriana

@assailant

Messages In This Thread
    RE: trying to cope and burn just right, assailant - by Adriana - 04-01-2023, 02:14 AM