• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just wanted to be found, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

She had been right to warn them away from any attempt to find him. He has never had much time to spare for children, his or otherwise. If he were ever painfully honest with himself, he might admit that his averseness to them stems from his unshakeable belief in his own unworthiness. But that kind of honesty is not something he is capable of. So instead that heavy self-loathing is turned outward onto any unfortunate offspring who happen to wander into his path.

Perhaps, one day, Casimira could be the exception to that rule. Perhaps, one day, with enough perseverance, she might have been able to dig deep enough to find it. But she would have to dig very deep indeed. A feat none have managed to accomplish with any kind of regard surviving the attempt.

No, she would be far better served by forgetting she ever knew he is her father.

He listens quietly as she explains the facts of her mother’s death. His dark eyes, as steely as flint and just as cold, remain fixed on her with a barely concealed ferocity. He knows something of the politics that had swamped Hyaline, though he had never bothered paying too much attention. Still, one would have to be really fucking dense to miss all the bullshit that had stormed through that kingdom (and so many others).

Her mention of Carnage brings his first reaction, though it is little more than a twitch of his ear and a tightening of his jaw. He would also not rule out Carnage - something he doesn’t bother saying. He would not make any claim to knowing Ryatah better than her own daughter, even if it’s possible he might. Certainly he hadn’t known her better in recent years. He might not have changed a great deal, but it’s possible she had.

Still, when she claims her mother wouldn’t leave them, Ashhal cannot help himself. He barks out a single, staccato breath of harsh laughter. His eyes flick briefly past the pale dragon before returning to her. It could almost be considered sympathetic were it not for the sharp derision lining the edges of his features. “I wouldn’t fucking count on that if I were you,” he replies, his voice biting, lip curling briefly. After a moment however, he accedes, “But in this case, I would be surprised if it was voluntary.”

As much as he hates to admit it, she had been happy in the life she had built. Or at least as happy as Ryatah could ever be. And while she might choose to do many things at a time like that, he doubts staying dead is one of them.

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Casimira - 10-17-2021, 05:48 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-21-2021, 11:17 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 11:28 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-10-2022, 11:41 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-14-2022, 10:47 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-04-2022, 10:45 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-23-2022, 11:07 AM