• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just wanted to be found, ashhal

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

Ever since she had made the decision to move to Tephra she did not often leave.

There was the sense of responsibility to the throne, of course, but mostly she did not want to leave Savior. The death of her mother had rattled her in more ways than one—mostly because a part of her had been convinced that Ryatah was not capable of dying, but also the fact that if something could end her mother in such a way, Savior could be taken just as easily. 

It planted in her a worry that she could not shake.
    It took root in the back of her mind, blooming even when she tried not to think of it.
    She tried to starve it but it always came back, and she was afraid that Savior was going to find the way she constantly glanced at him with a worry she could hardly mask insufferable.

She leaves behind the humidity of her volcanic home with a promise to Savior that she would be back by nightfall, and letting her white dragon wings carry her towards the common lands. 

The cool autumn breeze is enough to soothe her mind, at least for now, and she makes sure to begin her descent before she has a chance to see those Hyaline mountains in the distance, finding it impossible to think of her once-home without also thinking of her mother’s final resting place. 

She lands at the edge of the forest, where the afternoon sunlight had warmed a grassy clearing. Relaxing her wings at her sides she turns, and is immediately startled at having not realized someone else was already here, their body having been obscured by the angle of the trees. Sucking in a sharp, surprised breath, a wave of dragon scales wash across her body, spines erupting along her topline. “I’m sorry,” the words are rushed, hastily forcing the scales and spines away, though her dragon wings remain. “I didn’t realize someone else was here.”

@Ashhal

Messages In This Thread
    I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Casimira - 10-17-2021, 05:48 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-21-2021, 11:17 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 11:28 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-10-2022, 11:41 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 01-14-2022, 10:47 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-04-2022, 10:45 AM
    RE: I just wanted to be found, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-23-2022, 11:07 AM