• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You found me, made me into something new
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

Time hadn’t been kind to most of Beqanna but it had been kind to him.

Despite his rough start in life, he had blossomed under the care of Aela and the rest of the Pampians much like the wildflowers themselves. The bristled hairs along his neck had begun to lengthen, reddish black curls that haphazardly fell across his dappled neck, along with the bottle brush tail that was no longer so short and cute. He was a lanky thing, still sometimes feeling awkward as he grew into this changing body.

His confidence had grown as well. There were moments when his insecurities still got the best of him but overall, he was doing better at learning to ignore some of them. There were still those moments when he can feel that wrongness inside of him, where his thoughts and feelings weren’t always what one might think of as good. He had set a bird on fire once until it was nothing but ashy remnants of feather and gristle. It hadn’t been till he was looking at the remains from where it had fallen to the ground that he started to feel bad. Realized that he had done something terrible. He had told nobody, not even Aela, what he had done. Vowing to keep that secret to himself.

His grip on his flames had come leaps and bounds from where he had been as a newborn. He could manipulate his fire in new ways, could hold on to it for longer, and was beginning to push the limits of just how far he could send a wildfire to spread. As for the souls…. Summoning a soul was as easy to him as breathing. But keeping them under his control, depending on who or what they had been in life, could sometimes still be a struggle.

There is still too much grief and melancholy in the Pampas to focus on the afterlife, too many emotions that made souls greedy and eager to take advantage of him. So he finds himself alone in the Meadow during a warm summer evening, a crescent moon hanging in the sky and bringing just enough light to make him glow dimly. His features are skewed into intense focus, his peculiar tawny gaze hidden beneath dark lashes, as he reaches into that void and searches for a soul. He is trying to find someone new, someone different, to what he has called forth in the past and all his attention is on that task alone. Oblivious to who might be watching him in the open lands.

fyr

Open to any!

Messages In This Thread
    You found me, made me into something new - by Fyr - 10-07-2021, 04:41 PM