• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

There is satisfaction in the way her wings flare briefly only to wilt in the face of his aggression. Much to his annoyance however, she does not retreat. He is momentarily distracted by the swarm of glowing insects fluttering in an increasingly chaotic dance around her, but he forces his attention back to her with a ferocious scowl.

Despite her aggravating determination, Ashhal does not ease back. If she wanted a stand-off, he would damned well give her one. She’s in his fucking space after all, and he has a hell of a lot more practice at this than she does.

It’s not often Ashhal finds himself wishing his appearance were something more intimidating than a pale pegasus with a faint spattering of dapples and a vaguely fearsome countenance, but today is one of those days. Especially when the vicious scowl he levels at her does little more than make her notch her chin up in response. A part of him is fully prepared to launch himself at her if he must.

Her declaration about not harming a single hair does little to assuage that desire. Contrary to the designs of her obvious ploy, it only serves to draw a darkly amused snort from him. “Do you really think,” he begins, taking another menacing step closer, dark eyes glittering, “that your pitiful fucking threats are going to work on me?” His lip curls, expression hard. “I welcome them to try.”

The logical part of him knows he should not cause an inter-kingdom dispute because she’s an annoying piece of baggage. The feral part of him doesn’t care.

He doesn’t flinch from her gaze. It isn’t until later that he realizes he should have. A frown pulls at his mouth as she continues, her words beginning to make a strange sort of sense. The part of him that was ready to attack pulls back as he continues to stare, her suggestion drawing viscerally on him.

“Fine,” he snaps finally, the word pulled reluctantly from his lips before he can stop it.

@Elegance

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 01:45 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM