• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and you're headed for the gallows, sin around your throat; draco
    Desire

“They’re moons, and you are impossibly annoying,” she says with an irritable sigh, though there isn’t any actual malice behind her words. Draco was almost like a brother, and no matter how good he was at getting beneath her skin her patience with him stretched further than it would with most. “A lot of strange things happened during the eclipse,” she continues a bit more thoughtfully, and there is almost a frown that settles on her face. “That’s when the halo suddenly appeared, but then my infrared vision also disappeared.” Which would not have been such a terrible thing had it not happened during the exact situation she  needed it.

She would almost think it was karma, to be stripped of such a useful tool when she needed it most, but the silver-lighted series of moons and the newfound glow to the stars that dotted her skin seemed like a pro, not a con.

She has never been the most powerful, and so she has learned to settle for being beautiful—which she thought was a pretty fair trade.

“Wars are messy, and would also require me to actually do something, and you know how much I hate doing things,” she says airily, though it is only a partial truth. Desire would never be the type to go looking for a fight; she did not care about this speck of dirt or anyone that lived here other than her family and some days Draco and Jamie, and if someone were to come for any of them she would be inspired to defend them, but that is about it. It’s why when Gale had come asking for entities she had relinquished them willingly; fighting over something so trivial was not worth it to her.

“But I would never stop you from wreaking your own brand of havoc,” her black eyes fixed to his face once more, her lips lifting at the corner. “You should test your new abilities out, see what you can do.”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@draco

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and you're headed for the gallows, sin around your throat; draco - by Desire - 10-07-2021, 04:21 AM