• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Darkling

It’s a delicious game, this push and pull between them. One they could so easily give themselves to while losing nothing in the process. Darkling is not a creature made for more than such impermanent delights. It would be a losing bet to imagine he might offer more than a few carnal moments of his time, but he doesn’t believe that she actually wants more than that anyway.

With his lips curling into a sinful smirk, he closes the distance between them, watching her avidly. He doesn’t come quite close enough to touch, but the small breath of space that remains between them is more than enough to tease at what might yet come. She only looks away when the shadowy feline curls sinuously around her legs, though he cannot quite read her expression.

Curiosity, he hopes. He could do so much with her curiosity.

She is not quite ready to give herself over so wholly however. It’s a pleasing thing to know, and so wickedly enticing. There is something predatory in the way he gazes at her now. A hunger sharpened by knowing she would lead him on a merry chase. And oh how he does love a good chase.

Then she calls him a prince, and he can’t stop the laugh that steals past his lips, throaty and faintly derisive. His dark eyes burn as they find her again, lips twitching with black mirth. “There are a wealth of useless titles, but none more so than that one,” Darkling murmurs. His lips twist into an approximation of a smile, though it is something far too sinister to be called such. “Much like refuse, I prefer to leave behind.”

She watches him with those dark, reflective eyes of hers. He returns her stare, boldly unflinching, taunting. Daring. They are equals in this, each wanting the same thing but both refusing to be the first to break. A hum of illicit delight rises in Darkling’s chest, and when she asks the obvious in the wake of his declaration, he allows the wicked grin on his lips to grow. “There is beauty in such desolation, don’t you think?”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@Desire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Darkling - 10-13-2021, 09:13 AM