• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up
    Mazikeen
    The arrival of winter has done nothing to cease Mazikeen’s restlessness. There had been idle thoughts that maybe the colder temperatures would encourage her to slow down, maybe even den somewhere in Hyaline until the little lives she was carrying were ready to emerge. But though she had settled into Hyaline, taking to a permanent home with more ease than she ever thought she would, actually physically staying was not something she excelled at.

So she moves as if prowling will erase her nerves and the thoughts that plague her or the general unease that’s settled into her body. She patrols the borders of her home and when that is still not enough to tire her out she takes paths through the mountains and follows the river north. Mazikeen purposefully chooses routes that are unnecessarily dangerous and ones she does not know well. Though she does not particularly want to be a mom, she’s not trying to risk anything by navigating the steep slopes and testing her skills against gravity - she is just relishing the challenge and the puzzle these routes provide.

And yes, flying would be faster, but the last few days shifting into a bird has been particularly uncomfortable. While she’s pretty sure it’s just because the twins are growing, she also can’t shake the idea that if she’s a bird then the eggs will simply fall out of her so there’s a chance that the discomfort is more mental than physical.

She’s pleasantly winded when she arrives on the banks of the river, looking across it to Taiga. Mazikeen has often looked at the redwoods of the neighbouring land, what she could see from the mountains of her home, but she has never thought to visit. Now, she considers those large trees and wonders why she’s never been tempted to climb them. She thinks of it now, thinks of the different shapes she could take to climb to the very tops of the crowns. How she could swing between the branches in a world so very unlike the one on the ground.

And she thinks too, how Taiga is the home of one of Gale’s brothers - the one who she did not get the chance to properly meet at the festival. She’d recognized his name when he had been called before the crowd, and she’d laughed (quietly and without malice) at the flower crown he had been bestowed with at the ceremony.

Two pleasant thoughts are enough to encourage her to shift into a bear to wade across the cold river and then back into her horse-self on the other bank. Her horns are absent as her head tilts, regarding the forest before her that's illuminated by the cool winter afternoon sun. She lingers there where the two lands meet, aware of her own dislike for visitors that just waltz in and thinking it'd be hypocritical for her to do anything else. Mazikeen doesn't call out either, though - she's got no real purpose here and doesn't need anyone to rush over - and if she's not discovered, home is just a river away and she will pick another challenging route back to the valley.

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-17-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-18-2021, 02:05 PM