• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just need a change again [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

She doesn’t move to his side to comfort him the way a lover or a close friend might, instead maintaining distance ─ the water licks at her turquoise hooves upon the bank while he rests belly-deep in the cool waters ─ despite the compassion that rings true in her soft, whispered voice. No stranger to the tightening of the chest or the way air seems to refuse to fill the lungs, Oceane had fallen victim to relentless and overwhelming anxiety attacks in her past, and to have someone invade her space to comfort her had always felt more suffocating than helpful.

And so she waits until finally Ledger’s breathing slows and his singular eye is turned in her direction before she gives him a small, encouraging smile ─ but his looks towards her hollowly, fixating on something beyond her that only his mind’s eye can see as he begins to tell her what he can without plummeting again into panic. Oceane is silent and still, lest any movement on her part distracts him from continuing or interrupts his train of thought, and with each passing moment her heart begins to ache for the man before her, at the resignation in his voice.

At the hopelessness that permeates from him and his words.

“Rest,” she says finally, her voice still soft at the edges despite taking a tone that gives him no other option but to concede, “for a few days. Allow yourself to be comfortable, and then we can see how you’re feeling.” Oceane does not retract her offer to allow him sanctuary in the northern canyons, and she’s suddenly struck with the bemusing notion that she has always possessed an affinity for those who may need to be coaxed towards permitting themselves happiness.

“You’re still welcome here, Ledger. But as I told you before, I will not beg you. The choice is yours, though I hope you decide to stay.”

It’s what would be best for him, after all.

“Sleep now, and we can chat after you’ve settled.”

She smiles tentatively before extending her luminescent wings, though she hesitates for a moment in case he has something else to say.

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Ledger - 04-27-2021, 09:37 PM
    RE: I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-06-2021, 10:01 AM