• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any
    "We're your parents particularly unhappy at your birth? You give you such a name... Tsk."I shook my head, eyes sad and sympathetic as we go. Obscene. He is, I think, a self fulfilling prophecy in that regard. There's a buzz of nearly tangible dissatisfaction about him. The rage of directionless youth. He deserves better, certainly. 

My tongue slicks my teeth, looking as the trees that dot the landscape grow more twisted and forbidding as we travel. There is something about Sylva that attracts the dark. While the woods have yet to recover from the time of deprivation, this is all the more clear. Sickly, is the word. Or perhaps wan. The normally vivid vegetation is washed out where it still clings patchy to the limbs, murky brown where it rots beneath our feet. 

Not pretty. Not nice. But home, regardless. 

"Now tell me," I began, sweet as honey. "What is it you're looking for. Really looking for. Anarchy, violence, control, I can offer you these things. Commit your acts in my name and I will see to it that you are protected. But-" I paused my gait, turning the flat glass of my gaze on him. "This is only so long as you can be loyal, and do not harm others under my protection without good reason." I have no qualms when it comes to disciplining my own. 

The merest hint of suggestion coats my tongue. I want his honesty. How else can I offer what he wants? 

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any - by Sabra - 04-19-2021, 11:32 AM