• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  so give me hope in the darkness

No way to think?

Islay blinks once, unaccustomed to this hardness in the winged stranger. Her stars were always kind. Her heavens always left room for doubt but then her universes always knew how to lift her back up. Mariner holds his mouth in a frown and Islay finds that she wants to make it disappear almost as she wishes she could.

"Are you a healer?" she counters to him. It's rather brash, the way she asks the older stallion. All her daring goes to asking him this question instead of challenging the dark sky.

But her head looks ahead to the shadows that loom above and that is where Islay puts all of her focus. Her wings - which had partially faded with her fear - return and the two-toned girl concentrates on putting all of her skill there, on imagining that if she reaches the sky, then maybe she might find the stars. That if she can't bring the wonders to the ground then she will fly above to the wonders.

Either way, she and her heavens will be reunited. If she falls, it will because she had been reaching for the stars she so dearly loved.

Her heartbeat is a fluttering thing and she wills it to hammer out the fear in her chest.  Spreading out the wings that have been carved from the darkest parts of their current world, Islay trots ahead again (for a few strides too long, she stays on the ground for longer than she needs to be). They beat once and twice and then faster and she tries to picture them moving in tandem with her frantic heart that so forcefully pushes out her childish fears.

You will fly, she thinks to the shadows.

The moment finally comes when she leaves the ground and the panic returns that there is too much sky. It could swallow her. Something in her wants to land again but as she tilts her wings down, she realizes that the control is in her head. You will fly, she hears Mariner tell her. It plays like a mantra in her mind and she pushes herself upward, telling herself to search for the stars. Islay, who isn't experienced with heights or the limits of flying and with no way to see how far below the ground is, turns her head to call out to the star-dappled wanderer. "@[mariner]?"

[Image: lSYWxe.png]

Messages In This Thread
    so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-05-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-07-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-24-2021, 07:39 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-02-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 04-04-2021, 10:21 PM