• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  so give me hope in the darkness

Her stars are gone and she misses them.

Islay has looked up to sky and it has been empty for months now. Devoid of the cosmos that she has adored and has spent most of her young life recreating. She had been the youngest on Islandres. The only child (unless you count Narcisus but she had found nothing child-like about the winged boy that Aedan had brought home from the Den).

The stars had been her companions since... since she could remember. There is not a time that Islay doesn't remember reaching for them and wrapping herself in starlight. There is not a time that she doesn't remember making her moon spin and twirl in games of chase or bringing the stars to shine around her. There might have been a shortage of playmates on Islandres but Islay had created them from stardust instead.

And now?

Now there is only the Dark and the two-toned girl wraps herself in it. It is the only way she escapes the notice of the creatures who roam Beqanna (or worse, Islay had heard rumors that swam in the rivers and tides along the coasts). She cloaks herself in shadows and hides from the things that have done nothing but sabotage. But Islay, who has remained sheltered on Islandres, has come across things that have aged her.

Her silver-blue eyes have seen decay and ruin.

She has seen loss and death.

Still, the daughter of darkness is out here, searching for a sign of the light.

Islay is a shadow.

And then she is not. She is simply there when she hadn't been moments before. Her blue-and-white coat emerges from the muted shades and the girl looks behind her shoulder, wondering if the light could be behind her.

@[savage] i know we talked about Mariner, but throw whoever you want at her!

Messages In This Thread
    so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-05-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-07-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 03-24-2021, 07:39 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-02-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by mariner - 04-04-2021, 10:21 PM
    RE: so give me hope in the darkness - by Islay - 04-07-2021, 09:41 PM