• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Eyes are the soul's windows...

She was not quite what you would call refined

"I'm Popinjay."

She has no idea what a ship is and her expression brightens to a mad shine while her imagination spins off and away from their conversation. The little bay finds herself studying the mare's back for signs of hidden wings, and dropping her head low to scrutinize her hooves as though the answer lies in there somehow, but there's nothing. Perhaps it's not a piece of magic that Fenestra holds, but a thing. What could a ship possibly look like? She fancies it like an enormous crocodile, drifting between the salty waves like lilypads, ferrying horses back and forth from Beqanna and Beyond until a storm capsized him and spilled his passengers into the angry sea. Her grin softens imperceptibly.

"I hope he's okay."

Popinjay is pretty sure that's what you're supposed to say when somebody gives you bad news, and she's fairly certain that when people start talking about survivors, it isn't good but the truth is that she has never been very good at summoning up sympathy or empathy when she hasn't been directly affected.

"Would you say that a ship is as big as a dragon? Or do you think it's bigger? I wonder which one would win in fight? Cuz y'know, I can carry a horse, prob'ly two if I really wanted to, and I don't think dragon could carry much more than that, actually."

She ruffles her wings as if to emphasize her point. A point that is likely to remain hidden from a stranger newly arrived on the continent's shores, one that has never seen her other shape, but she does nothing further to elaborate.
    Image by Breyos

@[Fenestra]BABIES. you should join us in the discord chat sometime. Bring pictures. https://discord.gg/jGcbytbF

Messages In This Thread
    Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-10-2021, 11:58 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-17-2021, 02:40 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 02-01-2021, 11:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 02-24-2021, 01:00 PM