• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves

The world goes black and it does not immediately register with Anubias that something is amiss. He thinks it’s just something funny happening and tomorrow he’ll wake up in a patch of sunlight like he does every day. So he resolves to enjoy this while it lasts. Like a new game. He wishes his cousins were with him, it was the perfect setting for hide-and-seek.

The forest felt too close, too dark, so the young colt finds his way to the river instead. The metallic sheen of his coat is dulled but still reflects just the barest hint of light out here. The thoughts of others drift in and out of his head but today he does not mind. It reminds him that he’s not alone out here.

There is something following him, but he has not noticed yet.

Anubias finds his way to the river and wanders along the bank, happy to have the sound to give him a direction to follow. He hums softly to himself to drown out the thoughts (even though they aren’t bothering him, he’s still looking forward to the day when he’s mastered his mind-reading enough to keep them out altogether). The small shape following him trails a little bit, sniffing the air curiously.

It is no monster, but in the darkness - who can tell?

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves - by Anubias - 01-02-2021, 07:32 PM