• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

I got extra feelings

When Lilliana had been taken away from Yanhua’s childhood and kept in Pangea against her will, the Taigan stallion thought he’d never let anyone close to him again. The pain of losing her so young still felt bone-deep. They’d never discussed what had happened to her there and he prayed they never would, because what was unspoken between them could always be brushed away and left in the past where heartache belonged. Yanhua truly believed that he could replace so many unanswered questions with laughter and her presence, that he could bury Lilliana’s waking sadness like a small seed in moss-covered soil. He could water it with love and continued affection until he forced it to grow into something stronger and better than it was before.

But he promised himself, never again. He never wanted to get close to others, so he hid himself away from the world rather than overfill himself with new acquaintances like Nashua did. He turned away from Beqanna and drifted further into himself, into the redwood forest that enveloped all of his heartache and gave him ghosts to watch instead. If he couldn’t have his mother, then he could have the memories of her and other mothers like her as a balm against the pain. For a while it worked, but then she’d come home, a little bit sadder than before and not so much older, and it seemed like Yanhua could finally breath again. He opened up, traveled a little, and did his best to bury the seed and water it. They never spoke of those days, and over time Yanhua considered what life would be like for him if - just maybe - he did let someone in. The right someone?

“An adventure, yes.” He agreed with Amarine, and suddenly it felt like he could breathe again. “I want to be there for them, be a part of their lives. Watch them grow, love them.” He spoke, warm as a summer’s day in the open meadow. A tendril of sunlight wrapped around his thoughts and his eyes softened to the touch of Amarine’s magic. He felt buoyant, echoing back her unspoken sentiments with the very images of how he might describe her feeling of hope, the two of them silently feeding off the other and their babes caught somewhere in between. Their children would never have to question how deeply their parents adored them; Amarine and Yanhua would make it seen and felt.

“I want you as well.” He murmured to Ama with a handsome smile, eyes half-closed. A second later he blinked and came to. “I want you here, as well. For the same reasons.” Yan backtracked, stumbling to explain without getting tongue-tied. He laughed softly. Idiot, he chided himself. Amarine’s power was a terribly strong drug; he’d have to be a little more prudent in the future about letting himself slip too deeply into its embrace.

“I figure that when they’re a little older we might introduce them to Lilliana. She’ll want to meet them, I think.” He changed the subject quickly, not wanting to pressure Amarine into a response so soon after admitting something so… deep. He’d rather she have plenty of time to think over what he’d said, and likewise wanted time to think about the subject before revisiting it again. Emotions had always been open between them, defined by their gifts and shared without hesitance of rejection, but when it came to love… well, that emotion could be trickier than most. “For now, I think we could all use a little rest.”
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello - by Yanhua - 11-26-2020, 06:12 PM