• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw a shooting star late last night

— I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night —

From her vantage point, it was difficult not to miss the mare that comes to stand nearby. Not only does the crimson coat stand out against the snow but Agetta is also lower to the ground, making the stranger seem larger. She notes, in the dimming light, the golden flame marking and can almost feel the shooting star on her face tingle though it is hidden in this form.

But then, gold markings are not rare - are they? It does not necessarily mean this is someone else marked by a time spent in the deserts, witnessing as a stallion Agetta grew to love murdered his mother and then tore out his own eyes.

She considers just leaving the stranger be. Of letting them both stew in their own thoughts as she was sitting with her own. Her thick, furred tail swishes in the snow, leaving a trail, as she tries to decide whether she wants conversation (and if she wants to take the chance that the other mare will want some too).

But then the ball of light descents and hovers around, and Agetta is fascinated enough by the pair to break her silence.

“A lot on your mind?” The snow leopard asks, not rising from her sphinx position in the snow but turning her head to regard the chestnut mare with the glowing light hovering nearby. In the dimming light, she fancied the silvery light coming from it almost even made it look like a star.

Agetta

art by millionashes | table by laura

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    I saw a shooting star late last night - by Agetta - 11-15-2020, 09:51 PM
    RE: I saw a shooting star late last night - by Agetta - 11-27-2020, 07:21 PM