• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me reasons we should be complete
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He returns to Pangea triumphant. The dry heat of the desert washes over him despite the winter beyond their borders, a gentle reminder that he belongs here and nowhere else. Yadigar tucks his leathery wings against his back and leaves a long stridden trail of talon marks in his wake as he slips further into the territory. If each kingdom nominated only their best for the alliance, then he had assumed they would be the most worthy of his time. Whether Tarian fulfills this theory remains to be seen.

Loess has lost its spark despite the inferno we gave it, don’t you think?” he asks over his shoulder. “Neither your queen or her champion came to your aid. We’ll have to stoke the fire in them anew.

When they reach the towering canyons, the Pangean creature comes to a stop. He turns to face the other male with his chin held high. Though half of his face is marred by gnarled burn scars, his milk-white eye seems to stare infinitely into Tarian. The blind eye gives a faint glow as it swirls through the countless futures the pegasus may live - returning to Loess, remaining in Pangea, or leaving kingdoms entirely. It explores them each in seemingly infinitesimal paths. Yadigar knew knows which one will hold true.

How will you make use of your time here? Will you learn our ways as an enemy? As a friend? Perhaps you’ll scorn our company entirely,” he wonders aloud. “Regardless, Pangea does not harm its captives so long as they pose no threat to us. You’re free to roam the eastern realm as you see fit.

Yadigar shifts his weight and observes him, then. His spiked tail floats from left to right, content to be home. He wonders if Breach will allow him to take prisoners as Straia does, once he migrates to the kingdom next year. Maybe he won’t mind either way.

@[Tarian]

Messages In This Thread
    give me reasons we should be complete - by yadigar - 11-15-2020, 08:09 PM