• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no, really, i ain't even mad anymore [field]
    I land with the ease of much practice, aided by the flat earth and low autumn grasses of the Field. The seasons here are not the same as those on the Roof of the World, it seems.

The land is not the same either. A creature born on the steppes, I had chosen the grassland as my destination without conscious thought. (That I had been aided by the magic that is rumored to infuse this Beqanna seems also plausible, though I’d felt none of the prickling sensation that always came when the Luxian Mages of my homeland had wielded their powers.) Strangely, this grassland is not entirely surrounded by distant mountains like those I’d recognize. In the far east it falls away into the sea, and the only mountains are directly north of me. West is hidden by what looks like an endless forest and south is too hilly and hazy to see far. A strange place indeed.

I yawn uncomfortably and roll my winged shoulders before settling my weight to begin grazing. Though most of my attention is occupied by devouring the long grass, my black-tipped ears turn constantly, and I raise my head at the sound of another’s approach long before they are near enough to talk. Long enough to swallow the last of the autumn bounty. Though I have several immediate thoughts about their appearance, I tamp them down unconsciously. I have been raised better than that, and even in disgrace I mean to keep my manners. So I offer a smile and a polite nod of my head in greeting.

Messages In This Thread
    no, really, i ain't even mad anymore [field] - by xii - 10-27-2020, 07:51 PM
    reply to kukka and tarian 1 - by xii - 10-31-2020, 08:00 AM
    reply to kukka, tarian, and popinjay #2 - by xii - 11-06-2020, 07:37 AM