• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  make out of words a cage for your own bird
    CrownS
    Sabbath never seems to worry over him, now that his fever has subsided. She used to hover over him day and night with her brows knitted together in concern. Now, though, she simply commands him with such raw confidence in her voice that he never considers disobeying. The tone when she says his name is enough on its own to keep him from wandering off to god knows where.

Maybe later today he can learn what she looks like when she’s disappointed in him for straying away so long.

He perks up when she does, mirroring her grin as he nods. Teleport! Rosemary knows more words than him, it seems, and she has greatly risen in her value to him. Crowns thinks for a moment, but he finds he cannot remember if it felt like anything at all when he appeared in the frigid north. The sudden cold shocked that part of the memory from him, he supposes. He hums softly in thought and takes a step back. In a burst of hissing blue flame, he vanishes, reappearing a foot or so from where he was.

It feels warm and kind of fuzzy!” he declares with a chuckle.

He follows her gaze when she daydreams of changing into something else, but he sees nothing mesmerizing on the horizon where she stares. The boy blinks softly before turning back to look at her.

Oh, you can come whenever you want! I think we’d have to walk, though,” he says with a light pout. “If I tried to telepork you, you might end up in the volcano or the middle of the ocean. I’m not good at doing it with other people yet.

@[rosemary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: make out of words a cage for your own bird - by crowns - 11-02-2020, 09:19 PM