• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i took a sleeping pill and cant think of a title

MIDSOMMAR
    It's on the cusp of dusk that Midsommar emerges from the shadows of Pangea, Malachai close to her side. Her pace is faster than her typical curious walk. Malachai is irritated and shows it every time the noise of Sommar crashing through foliage disturbs a creature he could catch for dinner.

Sommar, why are you rushing? he finally huffs, putting their trek to a halt when the sun is halfway through sinking into the ground.

Because we left late and I know the sunset is so cool on that riverbed we found. Her answer is calm when she turns to peer at him. Malachai is unamused: I'm hungry.

You should have hunted while I was napping.

Prey doesn't often come out during the day, Sommar, you know this!

The chestnut girl merely shrugs, throwing herself back into her mission at an even faster pace. You can catch something to eat while I stare at the sand. The maned wolf growls low to himself, knowing he won't leave her side while he thinks she might be vulnerable. Sommar knows this, too, and can't help but to take it for granted.

They arrive in an area of the river wider than Sommar has ever seen. The water is low and in most of its area, damp sand rises and gives the illusion of puddles. The spring sun hangs low, casting deep orange and yellow light across the water reflecting its brilliance. Here, the pair stop, all the colors reflecting in their eyes and the pink, purple, and blue gemstones scattered across the girl's body.

"Incredible," Sommar murmurs, leaning on a hip to get comfortable. They'll be there for a while, watching.
    " It does no good to die kicking and screaming and lashing back at the inevitable. It corrupts the soul. "
    @[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    i took a sleeping pill and cant think of a title - by midsommar - 09-28-2020, 02:16 AM