• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans
    GHAUL
    And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire
    He grows weary of Wolfbane’s execution. Ghaul leaves them and moves instead to the farther reaches of their home, gliding over the flames he has summoned. There are untouched acres and trees left for him to ruin. He extends his talons and lands back on the ground just as he exhales another roaring plume of flame from the depth of his throat.

From behind, a boy covered in stars and splashes of gold rushes toward him. Malone has not forgotten the way the Pangean king left him bloodied and bruised in the deserts. Now, he rears up and kicks out at the scaled monster, hoping to shove him to the ground. He manages to push Ghaul stumbling forward, certainly, but he recovers in time to turn his head and receive another kick to the face. His jaws spread wide as he screeches furiously.

If scales fair poorly against his light, then how will feathers do? He keeps his mouth open wide as the beam forms there along his tongue before it fires at him, burning a perfect hole in the Sylvan boy’s wing. Ghaul watches delightedly as his outline stumbles back before crumpling to the ground.

Your screams are music to my ears. I’ve missed them so,” he coos as he steps closer to loom over the writhing Malone. “Have you come to burn alongside your brethren?

Defiant as ever, the boy spits in Ghaul’s face. The monster gives a disgusted scoff before turning and leaving him there. Whether he succumbs to the flames and smoke is hardly of interest to him anymore. Instead, he continues on his way, breathing more fire as he basks in the scent of ash and smog.
    @[stave] @[gospel]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by ghaul - 09-10-2020, 09:21 PM