• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sweating all your sins out, breckin

Pensive.

It felt strange to think of a word she was so unaccustomed to, and it felt equally strange, nearly clumsy, when she spoke it aloud.  No one was around to hear it, or to see how her brows knit together in a contemplative manner, or to tell her outright that she had always been a creature of such thoughts.  

She had no way of knowing that, however,  not of her own accord.
    And it would be some time before she would become the wiser.

That strange sense of deja vu is dredged up again as she strolls the river’s edge, making her mind and heart feel lofty and light, as if they awaited to be tugged back into some bittersweet memory.  And she nearly lets herself believe such a thing was possible as her mind and body drift along on two very different planes of existence.

Nearly.

She's visited this place before.  She knows how this endeavor starts and how it crashes and burns every time she gets close, and so she stops it before it has the chance to take flight.  She would destroy it with her own volition and contempt, unwilling to rest against disappointment’s threshold for another wasted day.

And that’s how the night finds her,  pensive, and in a melancholy sort of mood.

A murmured Evening makes her pause, inspired to pass a glance through the shrouded trees and mossy thickets, and the way the escaping light touched them.  Breckin nods, “A lovely one too, I think.”  Towards the shadows, she turned, positive that the voice had come from somewhere in that general direction.  The eyes are what she sees first, bright and imposing and on the brink of otherworldly, then the darkness that encompassed them, as though someone existed within the negative space of the forest trees.

Curiosity takes her a few steps closer, “I’ve always thought it was silly to not pay closer attention to the shadows.  You get so used to them being there, that you forget the constant company you keep.”  She offers a smile then, small, but endearing, “Seems I might’ve been right to think that.  My name is…” she falters slightly before making up her mind, reassuring herself that it was just as well to use her real name.  “Breckin.  Who are you, if you don’t mind me asking?”

B R E C K I N
    Beast Banger Becki <3

@[Torryn] i suck and it only took 5 years but here have some hot garbage becki words

Messages In This Thread
    sweating all your sins out, breckin - by Torryn - 06-27-2020, 07:44 PM
    RE: sweating all your sins out, breckin - by Breckin - 01-13-2021, 02:45 PM