• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  that day even the sun was afraid of you; any

Mazikeen continues looking at the grass when he response to the question (how many I don't knows can they trade) - a twitch of her cheek into a humourless grin when he states that it would just be too sad to think there is not more. Of course she agrees - she's always chased more, more, more hasn't she? She's young still, but there's been a lot of living in those years - though maybe not enough. Maybe she needs more of that too. 

The white doe looks up at him when he speaks again with another question and is startled to find him looking back at her. For a flash of a moment, her large doe ears flick backwards and she can feel that stubborn annoyance rush up to scoff. But she does not look away, does not slam closed the walls around herself as she tries to puzzle out just how she’s hearing a feeling she’s had all her life put into words by this odd boy.

Now that they are making eye contact, she finds it harder to look away - her bright orange eyes intent on his golden face. She frowns, but it’s not at him - it’s at the thoughts trying to sort themselves out in her mind. When they become difficult to sort out on her own, she tries speaking them instead.

“I guess so…” She starts with evasiveness but the dishonesty of it has a different taste now, a nastier one. The game, whatever it was, has changed for her. “I don’t think I’ve ever not wanted to do that. It’s such a constant drive, I don’t...” She swallows, still feeling that annoyance so close to the surface. Ready to fight if Firion laughs at her or if he shrugs off this honesty as ridiculousness. But she continues all the same, voicing something she has never put to words before. “I don’t think I’d be able to stay in one place for very long if I tried.”

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that day even the sun was afraid of you; any - by Mazikeen - 07-01-2020, 07:29 PM