• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i only like the sad songs, ryatah
    “I know when you go
    down all your darkest roads
    I would have followed all the way
    to the graveyard.”
    She is perhaps not nearly as concerned when she notices Echis has slipped away again as she ought to be, given the fact that if anyone knows the dark things that lurk in Beqanna, it is her. It would have made sense for her to be on edge, to want to keep her children close to her sides and be hesitant to let them out of her sight, but it has, in fact, done the opposite. Instead she looks to the shadows searchingly but not fearfully, and she lets her children wander without fear of them never returning. The dark always returned her, after all – sometimes changed, and sometimes worse for wear, but it always spit her back out eventually.

Still, she sighs a soft sigh and makes her way towards the river, if only because while Echis seemed to have a penchant for disappearing, she did not do it with mischievous intentions the way most of her children did. Echis was a testament to the light that could be born from the dark, and it was something that stirred a kind of fear in Ryatah’s chest. She knew she could not save her; she could not protect her innocence, and she could not keep the shadows from crawling closer. It was a helpless feeling, and not one that she was accustomed to, since it seemed like most of her children were born half-way in the dark already.

The sound of Echis’ sweet voice is muffled by the sound of water running over rocks, and when she gets close enough to see a familiar green-eyed figure touching her, she freezes.

Larva, despite his possessive-sounding promises, was not someone she had actually expected to see again, and she certainly had never counted on him coming across their daughter. For some reason the fathers of all of her children, regardless of whatever may tether her to them, never seemed to care or seek them out, which has never bothered her. For the most part, it was better that way.

The way Larva is touching and inspecting Echis leads her to believe it may have been best if he had stayed away, too.

“Larva,” his name is said softly as she closes the space between them, and she does not hesitate to come alongside Echis. Her gaze diverts to her – though her attention never fully abandons him, either –  and she lowers her head to press her lips to the top of her poll, dragging her nose across her neck before drawing her into her chest. “He’s not going to eat you, love.” And now her dark eyes meet the green of his, a knowing smile whispering at the edge of her lips, illuminated by the glow of her halo when she says, “That wouldn’t be very fatherly of him.” She watches him carefully, though, knowing full well what she says is a lie; she truthfully has no idea what Larva would do. She doesn’t know him well enough to trust him, but if he is anything at all like nearly every other man she has been with, he likely had no limits to who or what he would kill.
    ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 06-11-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM