• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i only like the sad songs, ryatah
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

She’s gotten very good at this, losing her mother. At least now she’s tall enough to see over the tall grasses so she can make her way to the river. Ryatah always told her that if they got separated again, they should meet there. There is a small fear roosting between her ribs, a sneaking idea that she may be truly lost this time. She manages to force a brave smile across her small face in spite of it. Nevermind the way her heart beats a small thread of adrenaline into her veins.

There is a thick fog that makes it harder to see the closer she gets to the sound of running water. She snorts softly and squints as though it will somehow clear her vision. Echis nearly slips in the mud near the river and she gives a squeak of surprise while she stumbles to catch her footing once more. When her mother returns, she will have to insist they meet near the river rather than at it next time.

Oh! But there’s a pale figure up ahead grazing on something, and she wonders if maybe that is her? The girl happily toddles forward. This time, she is careful with her steps as she draws closer. But this stranger does not have wings or a glowing halo like Ryatah. Echis pauses and cranes her neck around to see the stranger’s face just to be absolutely sure. The figure lifts its head and for the first time the girl realizes this person is littered with ugly scars. His wild green eyes meet her horrified stare, blood dripping from his chin.

A monster.

She shrinks back, ears curled back as she whimpers softly. He turns and easily closes the distance between them with long strides. “I’m-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to..” Her voice quakes and cracks as she tries to figure out just what she’s apologizing for. But he says nothing, simply lowering his head to meet her gaze as he looks her over. He steps away to dip his face into the frigid river waters and rinse the blood from his face. Then he is back, rudely fussing with the fluff of her baby mane.

“Do you have fangs?” he asks, nudging at the corner of her mouth. She blinks in surprise and touches her tongue to her teeth. There are fangs there now! Echis didn’t even realize her body had reacted before her mind did, coating her in scales and arming her with fangs to defend herself. The terrifying man nods to himself as he takes a step back. “What’s your name?”

I’m Echis. My mom will be here soon, so please do not eat me,” she explains as she stares up at him. His stoic expression does not change aside from the corner of his mouth curling into a fleeting smirk.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 06-11-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM