• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  when the world stops turning
    Back home, it's men, men, and more men - and then there's Jesper's daughter, Beryl though she still hasn't inclined to visit after their encounter with the dream-inducer (and he fears he's lost her there, but until she confirms it, he tries to have hope she will come back), and then Hexen. Damn it, but they do need some proper ladies to keep them in check, or he's gonna have to keep them in line all by himself; for anyone who knows him, they'll understand what a disaster that would be.

Oceane visiting was surely pleasant, but he knows she will likely never call a place that far up north her home, what with the ties she has to the south. Even when there's a good chance her former lover resides a little farther up north these days. But Leilan can't confirm and probably wouldn't if he could - that's their own mess to sort out.
    He just doesn't like to see the kid stuck in the middle, hence his proposition. But enough of that.

It's not, after all, the ironic course of other people's lives that brings him here today, at least not specifically. But he does need the change of pace, the other scenery - and who knows, one might even run into a new northerner-to-be.

But as the night closes in, he shrouds himself in darkness; he hasn't found anyone worthwhile today, and on top of that, he'd spied Lepis talking to another male, too - decided not to mingle, for various obvious and non-obvious reasons.

It's the black mare's call that makes him grin to himself and drop most of his aura - wouldn't want to scare anyone away, but boy she at least is sure of herself. That's a good thing - the north is not made for weaklings, they'll need to stand their ground these days more than ever.

As he approaches, he notices the Loessian queen had also decided to linger. And sure, why not. He shrugs a little, his broad, scaled shoulders thankfully dimmed by the shred of shadow he'd clung to himself as she doesn't see him at first - then continues the movement towards the black mare as the artificial darkness he'd created, is left behind - he doesn't need it now.

"And I'm Leilan. Opposite side of the world than Lepis here," he casually mentions, nodding to the mare once. Her comforting emotions seem to touch him as well, or perhaps he had just decided beforehand they could be civil - especially with the new offers on the table. "But I thought I could present a few options for you, if you want." There's no reason to believe she might not want to see Loess, but he certainly doesn't want her to be limited to Loess versus the Isle, which doesn't have most of the resources - except they do have the lack of women versus the amount of menfolk to choose from if that's what she's after. But honestly, he thinks she'd fit in with Nerine or Taiga just as easily.

All in all, it is a matter of choice - her choice.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Ayasha]
    @[Lepis] boop! He's here too
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    when the world stops turning - by Ayasha - 05-20-2020, 03:08 PM
    RE: when the world stops turning - by Lepis - 05-22-2020, 09:58 AM
    RE: when the world stops turning - by Leilan - 05-22-2020, 10:29 AM