• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    i know i need us more than i need me
    It would seem that although my sister remains trapped in her dreams, I find myself most energized by the night. It makes for a terrible pit of loneliness that only early-morning to mid-evening sleeps can make up for, though lucky for me, Iri always greets me in my dreams no matter what time I pass out. Momma and Mother's disapproval of my backwards sleep cycle takes a backseat to their concern for my twin's wellbeing, too, since after all she and I are happiest when together.

I guess that trying to navigate early childhood without my other half makes for some unusual behavioural patterns. Or something, anyway.

Today, Mother awakens me with a nudge of her golden-pink nose as the sun hits the long evening angle. Time to get up, sleepyhead, she murmurs to me, and with a biiiiiig stretch, I bounce to my hooves. Grass sticks to my side as my sweat there cools, a strange, cool breeze drafting through this volcanic home of ours. With a high-pitch whinny, I reach to give Mother a kiss and stick around long enough to hear her say that Mother is out doing errands and that I am to stay within the kingdom; I manage to yell back that I will as I race out of the coconut grove.

In our dreams last night -- err, last morning, really, -- Iri mentioned wanting a clear picture of the pond near Tephra's border at twilight as the sunset reflected off of it. Though the sun's journey to the horizon began but an hour ago, my stick-thin legs race to get me to my destination as though the sun might be set ablaze with color at any moment. The wings at my beg meet little resistance as I run, just half-lit in the dusking light with a faint twinkle here and there. The air feels sharp and delicious in my lungs, the grass underhoof soft yet durable; I'll have to show Iri that in our dreams, too.

Whoop!ing with glee, I slide-stop next to the pond and half-rear in celebration. I made it! The grass rises up to meet me as I roll about in it, scratching off the grass that yet stuck to me from my sleep. With a sneeze, I shoot back to my hooves, wide-legged and grinning, eager as I await the setting of the sun.
    Indius

"" 
    @[aegean] @[Oriash] @[Warlight] @[Sviko]
    Or any other family!! Come play with the baby? *presents cookies*
    [Image: indi]

Messages In This Thread
    I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by Indius - 05-16-2020, 02:33 AM