• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  water keeps passing by as life does, in a dream
    It would be so much easier if she had been able to make her decisions alone, for sure - he himself is given that freedom, seeing as neither Heartfire nor Neverwhere truly felt like bestowing many laws on the territories. Of course, Jesper had been less of a liability than Leilan perhaps, but he’s still family, and perhaps they know he wouldn’t make a move that truly put them in jeopardy.

He doesn’t know the extent of Lepis’ and Oceane’s trust in one another, but it seems at least there is enough that the purple mare is confident with her words. When she asks her son, he knows it for what it is, a way for her to reflect and for him to learn - though it seems the kid is caught quite in the middle when he stammers he could stay. At that, the male tilts his head, assessing the boy. Hesitant - probably not liking the looks of the Isle. He can’t exactly blame Alcinder for that, but honestly, that’s the first lesson he’s gotta learn. Looks aren’t everything. Just the fact that both the boy’s father and Leilan himself happen to have two looks of their own might be a coincidence, and perhaps it’s a lesson he hasn’t yet learned regardless.

A truce, Oceane then interrupts before he can either accept or decline, naming reasons why Loess won’t come to the Isle’s aid in times of war. He cuts her off there, ”I wasn’t asking military aid. But surely you wouldn’t want to endanger us in other ways either.” He looks to Cinder, then back to the mother. ”I don’t need him for his father’s actions. If you can’t separate those events, perhaps it’s best to just take him back home,” His tone is unamused, a little cold even. ”The same way I won’t tie recent events to Lepis or you, though you know I could.”

He shakes his crest then, the movement used to loosen his tight facial muscles as well. ”Do come back with Lepis’ answer. In the meantime,” he muses and looks to Alcinder, then shrugs. ”I haven’t visited Ischia in a long time, so it’d be good for me to accompany you. Did you know I lived there, once?” he offers the teenage boy. He’s not a prisoner, but still the most valuable child they have up here. He intends not to loose him to a shark, or something equally stupid.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Oceane]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: water keeps passing by as life does, in a dream - by Leilan - 05-27-2020, 03:23 PM